Lurkers and Guests

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Canadianmom

Lurkers and Guests

Postby Canadianmom » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:22 pm

I've noticed that we have 'lost' a few friends who, for whatever the reason, do not visit this forum anymore. And we have many guests who read only. I remember when I first joined this club, it took a lot of nerve for me to post for the first time. (I really needed the help though). Then I was reluctant to reply to posts because I thought that there were so many others who were more knowledgeable and experienced in this journey. Posting helps me feel connected and part of this club. I've gotten to know and be known by people here.

If you are a lurker or a guest, I'm inviting you to post on this thread please.

We are all looking forward to meeting you! :D
30/09/10 Dx mCRC/ 39 yrs old
08/11/10 liver met; Stage IV
23/11/10 PET 2 lit LNs
25/11/10 RFA to liver met
13/12/10 Folfox 6 plus Avastin.
15/03/11 After 7 rounds. NED. No further tx. 2014 still NED
Praying for patience and strength.

Cancerislame
Facebook Username: jennifer shy marrone

Re: Lurkers and Guests

Postby Cancerislame » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:48 am

Lurker posting here. I am starting to be more brave about posting. The people here are sweet an kind and completely get what we are going through. I wish my husband would post as caregiver because what he goes through can not be easy. And they need an outlet too.

Thank you,
Jennifer
3/11- dx st IV, 5cm colon, 4.5cm Lvr, 1 of 13 LN, perit.sprd@30
4/11-1/12 FOLFOX/ERB.
5/18/12 HIPEC-rt ovary, omtm rmvd.
6/24/12 smll Bwl Obst Srg
8/20/12 Xlda, Mtc. Only
11/13 no chemo
NED5/18/12
Eat vegan/gf, fish occ.-Rd The China study

frances

Postby frances » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:22 am

Hi Jen,
How's it going w the trial - are you out of that now? Really liked your posts about Erbitux. Hope you are getting to do some things you like.
Frances

BrownBagger

Postby BrownBagger » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:28 am

People come and people go. Sometimes they come back. I've noticed that, in many cases, people who appear to be cured or longterm NED tend to drift away. Time to get on with their lives. Then there's the core group of (mostly) Stage 4 folks who are in this game for the long haul. This site is one of the tools in our arsenal. I've "lost" some friends to this kind of attrition over the three years I've been posting here, but I'm happy for them. I don't think anyone should be intimidated about posting here. We are, as Jennifer points out, a pretty friendly bunch willing to help anyone with this disease.
Eric, 58
Dx: 3/09, Stage 4 RC
Recurrences: (ongoing, lung, bronchial cavity, ribs)
Major Ops: 6/ RFA: 3 /bronchoscopies: 8
Pelvic radiation: 5 wks. Bronchial radiation—brachytheray: 3 treatments
Chemo Rounds (career):136
Current Chemo Cocktail: Xeloda & Erbitux & Irinotecan biweekly
Current Cocktail; On the Wagon (mostly)
Bicycle miles post-dx 10,477
Motto: Live your life like it's going to be a long one, because it just might, and then you'll be glad you did.

JanetsSister

Postby JanetsSister » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:13 am

I am a lurker who can't seem to let go of this site although my dear sister Janet died last April. I learned much here, and passed info along to Jan, who lived with colon cancer for two years. In the last few months, she went to court (she was an attorney) with her "accessories" covered by a stylish wrap, and enjoyed her small grandchildren and her garden. I won't post much since I don't have more to contribute. Just count me as one who has received much from you.

esk2poo

Postby esk2poo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:51 am

Hello,
I lurk a couple of times a day. This forum has really helped me see that there are others going through what I am. This disease really sucks but there are so many inspirational people on here and that is what I need. I too wish my wife would look and go to the caregivers site because she does not always talk much and I know she is really hurting also and sometimes needs more than I can give her.

O/T. What does swinging chickens mean?
Allen
Dx 8/23/11 stage 3b crc
3 of 11 LN's
resection 9/15/11
folfox start 10/31/11 12 sessions
De-ported 6/2012
clear CT 7/2012
Clear colonoscopy 9/2012

TheBurn

Postby TheBurn » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:03 am

There's a thread somewhere about actual/possible origins of "swinging chickens" but we usually use it here as the generic/catchall for well wishing that's not necessarily religious. So, for example, some will say "praying for you" or "sending out positive energy" and others will use the "swinging chickens."
Living Life Colon-Free
-----------------------------------------
RC 7/20/10
Proctocolectomy/ileo 10/22/10; Sx Path - T3N1M0
Folfox - 1/12/11; Xelox - 2/23/11
Xeloda - 3/16-6/21/11
Chemo-rad 6/29-8/8/11
NED 8/15/11

530jgs
Facebook Username: 530jgs

Postby 530jgs » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:17 am

I FOUND THIS SITE AT THE END OF MY JOURNEY. I HAD ALREADY HAD RAD/CHEMO AND RESECTION BEFORE FINDING THIS SITE. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO HAVE MY ILEO REVERSAL BEFORE FINDING THIS SITE. VERY HELPFUL IN MY RECOVERY. I CHECK IN 1-2 TIMES A WEEK TO SEE HOW EVERYONE IS DOING. 3.5 YEARS NED AFTER STG 3 RC. I AM SLOWLY GETTING ON WITH LIFE AND NOT LURKING AS MUCH. I WISH EVERYONE A TRUE RECOVERY FROM THIS NAST BEAST..JIM

alphagam
Facebook Username: Kathy Maine Ruess

Postby alphagam » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:41 am

I'm a Lurker. I was diagnosed Feb 2011 with Stage 0 rectal cancer. I still say it was a miracle. Up for my 1 yr. colonoscopy on 6 March and scared to death.

Kathy R
Rockwall, TX
Dx Feb 2010 4 cm tumor, just inside rectum
EUS stated T3 tumor
2nd opinion, need better path
Mar 2010 transanal surgery. Surgery by board certified CRS found tumor only in lining
6 exams of surg site, 3 PET, 3 scopes laterNED.
Scope in Mar2015, clean colon
Next scope/test in 3 years

very worried husband

Postby very worried husband » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:07 am

I joined this forum in March 2011 after my wife was diagnosed in january 2011 with CC 3b. First thing in the morning is to check this site.
My first post came, i think , around december. :D . i wish i could post more, but i suppose i dont have much to offer, so just keep quiet.................. :mrgreen:
But you are all in my prayers and thoughts.........
Caregiver to Wife age25
Diagnosed Colon IIIB Jan2011
7/29 Nodes +
5FU+Oxi in china. Feb-Aug 2011
CEA@Diagnose:0.79
Immunological chemistry: Ki-67 (+), MSH2(+), MLH1(++), ERCC1 (-)
NED Supplements: Aspirin,Vit D,Calcium, Genoderma Lucidium
Baby born June 2015 :D :D :)

Peloton

Postby Peloton » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:11 am

Lurker here since August 2010, when I was diagnosed with stage 3c rectal cancer. I check the site on a near daily basis and, from time to time, join a thread. I've found this site very helpful during my treatments. It was also helpful to read posts from other young people (I was 30 when diagnosed).

I'm very appreciative of everyone's input. I also think that the mods do a great job of giving everyone access to this site, even those who don't not want to officially register (which, for personal reasons, I decided not to do).

Thanks again.

Seriously, WTF?

Postby Seriously, WTF? » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Honestly, I've turned into more of a lurker than a poster. Sometimes I think my posts/stories wouldn't be good enough for anyone's interest. Crazy right?? Who the frig knows, maybe it would make a difference. Perhaps my story could even help out one person that needed to hear it and I guess that would make it worth it. BUT please know I always check on my CC PEEPS to be sure that they are doing okay. xoxoxo
ALWAYS IN MY HEART!
5/7/2013

limbo08816

Postby limbo08816 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi everyone!

I have been a lurker since August. (I know-pathetic) Believe it or not, this site has been a wealth of information. Thank you to all that do ask the questions and post. It helps to know I am not the only young person how was "lucky" enough to end up with this disease. Perhaps I will be brave enough to start my own thread. :lol:

missjv

Postby missjv » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:47 pm

i do not post much anymore, but i do like to check in on occasion to see how everyone is doing.

missjv

PDini

Postby PDini » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:47 pm

another lurker here. I have been a constant lurker since December when my father was diagnosed with 3b CC. This forum has been a blessing for me. Since his diagnosis I have spent countless hours reading, learning and absorbing so much information from everyone of you. It has helped me help him prepare and make informed decisions for the journey ahead.
i have been wanting to post a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that has taken the time to share their personal experiences. It truly is making a positive difference to so many people. Anytime I have a question or concern I sign on and find my answer. hearing first hand what side effects to expect from Folfox and the great tips and tricks to deal with it have been priceless!!!! I respect and trust his Doctors but honestly I'm starting to trust everyone here more! For the time being I will continue Lurk and Learn.
Once again thank you and keeping everyone in my prayers.
Patty

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”