Need recommendations for a cream for neuropathy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Chloe

Need recommendations for a cream for neuropathy

Postby Chloe » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:18 pm

Hello!

I underwent 12 sessions of FOLFOX regimen 8 years ago. Neuropathy first appeared after the 11th session, but then disappeared, and I was strongly advised to go through with the last session. I was told that since neuropathy appeared so late in the treatment, it will disappear again. But when it returned after the 12th session, it refused to go away.

Burt's bees honey & bilberry foot cream which I read about on this forum helps with my hands (although perversely not with the feet, but then nothing helps with the feet), but now the company has discontinued this product, and their other products don't help me. I also use Devil's club soothing rub which helps my hands somewhat, but not as well as Burt's. I was recommended capsaicin, but it only made my symptoms worse.

I wonder if anybody knows of a soothing cream that helps with neuropathy?

CRguy

Re: Need recommendations for a cream for neuropathy

Postby CRguy » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:49 pm

You may wish to peruse some of the posts in this search result from the forum

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=cream+neuropathy

Best wishes
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

PainInTheAss

Re: Need recommendations for a cream for neuropathy

Postby PainInTheAss » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:54 pm

Chloe wrote:Hello!

I underwent 12 sessions of FOLFOX regimen 8 years ago. Neuropathy first appeared after the 11th session, but then disappeared, and I was strongly advised to go through with the last session. I was told that since neuropathy appeared so late in the treatment, it will disappear again. But when it returned after the 12th session, it refused to go away.

Burt's bees honey & bilberry foot cream which I read about on this forum helps with my hands (although perversely not with the feet, but then nothing helps with the feet), but now the company has discontinued this product, and their other products don't help me. I also use Devil's club soothing rub which helps my hands somewhat, but not as well as Burt's. I was recommended capsaicin, but it only made my symptoms worse.

I wonder if anybody knows of a soothing cream that helps with neuropathy?

I don't, but I remember hearing that you can start developing neuropathy and it can get worse for up to three months after your last chemo treatment, so I don't know why they told you that.

Mine got worse after my last treatment.

I never used any cream or medication, but it's still been slowly improving each year. It's pretty much gone in my hands now.

I'm sorry it's still bother you!
47yo single mom of 4 (24, 21, 18, 16) at Dx
6/13 - RC T4b IIIc 5LNs on PET CEA 5.4
8/13 - Finish chemorad
10/13 - APR/hyst+ovaries/perm colostomy 2/12 nodes+
6/14 - Finish Xelox 6 rds
1/15 - CT clear CEA 0.2
10/15 - CT/MRI clear CEA 0.7
4/16 - CT clear
10/16 - CT/MRI clear CEA 0.6
5/17 - PET clear? Follow up MRI to verify inflammation

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”