14 Incompatible Food Combinations You Must Avoid
- Combining milk with any fruit, coconut, walnut, meat, egg, yogurt, horse grams, lentils, and vegetables cause disturbances of digestive enzymes. Avoid it completely.
- Drinking milk after eating radish, garlic, green leafy vegetables, and drumsticks is incompatible.
- Fruits are an independent meal. Do not combine fruits with any other food items.
- Honey and ghee in equal quantity by weight is a poison. Use them in unequal quantities when needed.
- Boiling, heating, or cooking destroys the essence of honey and makes it toxic. So avoid such things.
- Combining lemon with milk, yogurt, cucumber, or tomatoes causes hyper-acidity. Avoid it.
- Do not consume chicken and pork on the same day or in combination.
- Do not take curd or buttermilk at night and never heat curd as it causes various digestive disorders.
- Any non-vegetarian food should not be taken with black gram, honey, radish, and germinated grains.
- Do not consume...Radish or jackfruit along with black gram.
- Do not consume...
Banana with buttermilk,
Curd with dates,
Black pepper with fish, or
Milk with alcohol
- Ghee kept in a bronze vessel or plastic container for more than 10 days becomes toxic. So store ghee in steel or glass vessels.
- Spinach processed along with sesame seed paste causes diarrhea.
- Mixing cooked food and uncooked food while eating leads to incomplete digestion. Avoid such combinations; e.g., salad with cooked meal.
Incompatible Foods According To Ayurveda
KIRTI TEWANI, OCTOBER 26, 2022
In the modern world, more people are turning to changing their diet to accommodate being vegan and gluten-free. The contemporary diet focuses on eating salads and drinking smoothies. Yet, our cabinets are full of supplements for digestive aid and gastrointestinal problems, which are often a result of poor food combinations or incompatible foods.
We often hear people say, “You are what you eat. ” But Ayurveda took it a step further – “You are what you can digest.”
What’s the point of eating a salad you can’t digest? Poor food combinations can disturb the Agni, leading to an imbalance in our bio energies, also known as Doshas. Each food has its properties, and combining foods improperly leads to indigestion that further triggers Ama (accumulation of toxins).
Example of Incompatible Food
We all love banana milkshakes. According to Ayurveda, milk and bananas are both heavy to digest. Eating them together slows down the digestive fire. When food sits in your digestive tracks and is putrefactive, which often leads to the collection of toxins causing problems like sinus, congestion, cold, cough, allergies, hives, and rashes.
Here is a list of incompatible foods, according to Ayurveda. This list is far from complete, but includes everyday foods and, most commonly, mixed fruits. One of the easiest ways to maintain good health is by focusing on your digestive fire or Agni.