Epstain Barr+, interferon therapy?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Julia123

Epstain Barr+, interferon therapy?

Postby Julia123 » Wed May 31, 2023 12:31 pm

Good day to all! passed examinations, in remission 1 year 3 months since the last chemotherapy. but I don't relax. I visited an immunologist, passed many tests, the first opinion was the reason, and the basis of why cancer appeared. - I have cytomegalovirus, zoster virus, and epstein barr. The question is, has anyone been treated with interferon? Are there stories of those who have been in remission for more than 5 years? in what countries is it practiced?
04.06 (June) 2021 Mucinous adenocarcinoma of sigmoid carcinoma (ICD-O-3: 8480/3) pT3 pN1a (1/36) M0 TD1 L0 V0 Pn0 CEA 2, CA19-9 0.69 MMEp/MSS: MLH1+, PMS2+, MSH2+, MSH6+
09/06/2021 extended resection (with abdominal wall)
28.07/2021 Folfox6 - start
24/09/2021 Magnetic resonance imaging - clear Cea 2.2
02/17/2022- 12 cycles Folfox done
04/25/2022- colonoscopy clean
05May/08/2022 - mri,ct -clean
07Jul/25/2022 colonoscopy clean
04-05may/2023 - ct,mri,colon- ned

rp1954

Re: Epstain Barr+, interferon therapy?

Postby rp1954 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:46 pm

Have you had any/much extra lab work done?
Even regular population people often have measurable or even serious deficits of essential nutrients (vitamin C, D, magnesium, zinc...), much less things like bioflavonoids.
More so, (post) cancer and hospitalized patients without careful repletion.

If you haven't tested or measured, the odds are high that there are uncovered deficits, never mind more optimal or therapeutic levels of nutrients in your body.
Whatever direct application of interferon might be offered, my first stop might be to the more technical of the "natural medicine" clinics, e.g. Riordan Clinic.
Many conventional acute viral problems are ameliorated or suppressed by massive oral vitamin C (see Cathcart, 1981) and even cured with IV vitamin C (Levy, 2011, 3rd ed ). (With Covid 19, IV vitamin C used a lot longer for C19's severe inflammatory phase, and arguably, more.) Chronic conditions are more difficult, often needing to address multiple problems, where monotherapy often is useful but shortsighted.

I had a painful post-herpetic neuralgia after a herpes zoster for several years, years ago. Finally I could suppress it, make the pain totally disappear by taking 4 grams of vitamin C (acid) orally 4 times a day for some years. If I let the pill taking slide, below about 8 -11 grams/day, the neuralgia brickbat would promptly hit me again. Several years later, this neuralgia and many other problems disappeared, when I began to take 5000 iu/vitamin D after a trip to sunnier parts of the world. My 25 hydroxy vitamin D levels were mid 30s at 7000 iu/day... Ca 2003-4, I was still concerned about these misinformed medical warnings about the "potential toxicity" of taking much over 1000 iu/day (the boneheaded UL back then, now 4000), crawling from 1200 iu to 1800 iu per day. If only I had heard of some the megadose endocrinologists' experience and recommendations then... Some of the older papers suggest that IV vitamin C makes short work of shingles, chicken pox and their after effects.

My wife required 12,000 - 17,000 iu day of vitamin D to **almost** become sufficient in vitamin D levels when her CRC was well controlled, and more intake was needed to achieve the 60-100 ng/mL range, often considered desirable for medically challenged patients.
epstein barr. ?

One background paper.
watchful, active researcher and caregiver for stage IVb/c CC. surgeries 4/10 sigmoid etc & 5/11 para-aortic LN cluster; 8 yrs immuno-Chemo for mCRC; now no chemo
most of 2010 Life Extension recommendations and possibilities + more, some (much) higher, peaking ~2011-12, taper chemo to almost nothing mid 2018, IV C-->2021. Now supplements

rp1954

Postby rp1954 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:40 pm

Julia123 wrote:GThe question is, has anyone been treated with interferon? Are there stories of those who have been in remission for more than 5 years? in what countries is it practiced?

A direct answer to this question is that I have seen interferon cocktails discussed for alternative cancer treatments in the US over 10 years ago (Townshend's Letter). Have to be very careful not to be over dosed. More recently, university researchers were suggesting direct injection of small beads with interferon into tumors. Viral treatments, hmmm.
watchful, active researcher and caregiver for stage IVb/c CC. surgeries 4/10 sigmoid etc & 5/11 para-aortic LN cluster; 8 yrs immuno-Chemo for mCRC; now no chemo
most of 2010 Life Extension recommendations and possibilities + more, some (much) higher, peaking ~2011-12, taper chemo to almost nothing mid 2018, IV C-->2021. Now supplements

Julia123

Postby Julia123 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:26 pm

the point is to destroy the virus, not to suppress it. I drank the antiviral drug Valovir, and the doctor explained to me that it works on suppressing the immune system, and you can’t give it like that. In practice, the rash goes away, but after a month it appears, and we don’t know what happens on the organs.

I do a blood test for vitamins regularly, and do not drink them, they are normal. the immunologist says that a virus or an infection can trigger the growth of cancer cells, the point is to reduce the level of viral infection in the blood, and thereby avoid a relapse in the future. Epstein Barr can give ulcers on the internal organs, then there is inflammation, and then the process of oncology. Interferon is used to treat herpes, pneumonia, and various severe infections. I am waiting for additional tests for viruses and infections, at this stage I have type 3,4,5 herpes, which is dangerous and with a high probability this is the cause of cancer. I'm wondering what is the probability of getting a relapse of the disease when raising the activity of the immune system ...
04.06 (June) 2021 Mucinous adenocarcinoma of sigmoid carcinoma (ICD-O-3: 8480/3) pT3 pN1a (1/36) M0 TD1 L0 V0 Pn0 CEA 2, CA19-9 0.69 MMEp/MSS: MLH1+, PMS2+, MSH2+, MSH6+

Julia123

Postby Julia123 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:54 pm

Does anyone know where a good immunological center is in Europe?

rp1954

Postby rp1954 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:59 pm

Julia123 wrote:the point is to destroy the virus, not to suppress it.

"Supress" is a broad term for various levels of (in)action, including growth inhibition and incomplete destruction.
The problem both for vitamin C, various immune, and interferon treatments in chronic illness is the virus residing in difficult to penetrate "compartments". Careful combinations or sequences may clear out otherwise uncleared compartments.

I drank the antiviral drug Valovir, and the doctor explained to me that it works on suppressing the immune system and you can’t give it like that. In practice, the rash goes away, but after a month it appears, and we don’t know what happens on the organs.

Various antviral drugs have a checkered history on efficacy and side effects.

IV vitamin C directly destroys viruses and bacteria by oxidative mechanisms on their surfaces and structures that contain iron and copper ions, read about the Fenton reaction. Likewise vitamin fuels various white cells. Elevated vitamin C levels destroy exposed viruses, reduces inflammation, and, in concert with other nutrients, helps heal ulcerations.
Elevated levels of vitamin C and D, with other nutrients and balances, typically lead to improved health or wellbeing. The more elevated, the more skilled support may be initially necessary.

I do a blood test for vitamins regularly, and do not drink them, they are normal.

The definition of normal depends on the lab and population, which can be much different than adequate, sufficient, or therapeutic especially for vitamins C and D. There is no well founded "scientific agreement" on adequate or desirable vitamin C and D levels, with most doctors currently or historically being underdosed in light of the most complete information today. (e.g. not-so-distant recommendations of 200 iu vitamin D2/day being stated as generally adequate with emphatic fervor or "authority", when today, many people [a large minority] can clinically demonstrate a need for 5000+ iu D3/day to achieve adequacy for most endocrinologists)

the immunologist says that a virus or an infection can trigger the growth of cancer cells, the point is to reduce the level of viral infection in the blood, and thereby avoid a relapse in the future.

Total clearance and natural immune control should be the initial goal of any treatment or series of treatments for refractory chronic illness.
However, if those fail, a good maintenance treatment protocol is the question, until the next major step, or attempt.

Epstein Barr can give ulcers on the internal organs, then there is inflammation, and then the process of oncology. Interferon is used to treat herpes, pneumonia, and various severe infections. I am waiting for additional tests for viruses and infections, at this stage I have type 3,4,5 herpes, which is dangerous and with a high probability this is the cause of cancer.

Sounds like a need for the best conventional and nutritional/natural medicine available, perhaps skillfully coordinated or combined.

I'm wondering what is the probability of getting a relapse of the disease when raising the activity of the immune system ...

Elevated and imbalanced levels of cyctokines, like interferons, can lead to derangement of the immune system, hence the need for medical skill and experience. Where individuals claims may exceed performance, but there are some interesting stories. Caveat emptor.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”