Test failed due to not enough cancer cells in the radiated tumour.
Nagourney was an ass to be blunt so no I did not consult with him further. He basicly thought he would own my cancer and treatment and nothing up for discussion.
roadrunner wrote:If you’re interested and able to do so, research into clinical trials should not be delayed.
IM64 wrote:roadrunner wrote:If you’re interested and able to do so, research into clinical trials should not be delayed.
Thanks for reminding about trials. I definitely need to keep an eye on that to not miss possible options.
One more thought about clinical trials - when I asked our oncologist about it, he said its too early. He suggest to think about trials when all official treatment is done.
I'm interesting in experienced people opinion - Are you agree with that?
He suggest to think about trials when all official treatment is done.
Rock_Robster wrote:Just to add to this one - I’m working with a couple of trial doctors/researchers, and their general rule is that any kind of progression on any line of treatment is reasonable point to consider enrolling in a trial. They all have different eligibility criteria - some you can’t have had too much chemo, others you have to have had a lot of chemo - so it’s good to always be watching this. The ‘progression’ trigger is mainly that most PIs will be reluctant (ethically) to stop a treatment that is working in order to pursue an experimental option, particularly early-phase trials.
rp1954 wrote:A boy scout ("be prepared") would still be ready to make the ADAPT/capecitabine switch after 1-2 cycles Folfiri, with capecitabine + celecoxib in hand.
rp1954 wrote:How easy is it to go behind his back to find another local oncologist without him finding out? E.g. so nationally/provincially consolidated new office notifies old office, especially at the point of the xeloda prescription? Sooner or later?
rp1954 wrote:First, I'd get clarification of the likely official treatment series in Canada/Ontario. In 2010, the lack of reimbursed provincial choices could be pretty f'g ugly. E.g. is your wife even legally eligible to restart Avastin or a more advanced antibody.?
rp1954 wrote:Second, does the health scheme pay for colony stimulating drugs like Neulasta?
rp1954 wrote:Also if xeloda stumbled for any reason, is a regular Canadian able to restart Folfiri or Folfoxiri with avastin or a potentially better biosimiar after a chemo pause? Most of the other official 3rd line drugs made me comfortable with DIY off label.
rp1954 wrote:I might not be too thrilled about official Canadian options, but I would know them now. When you wait and depend on std drs and administrators, especially if they aren't giving answers, you're being controlled and drawn into a black hole.
rp1954 wrote:And I'd learn the ropes to at least identify the major trial options this year.
mobrouser wrote:I haven't tried but I suspect that seeking a new oncologist under OHIP would be troublesome unless you have moved a significant distance from your current location.
IM64 wrote:mobrouser wrote:I haven't tried but I suspect that seeking a new oncologist under OHIP would be troublesome unless you have moved a significant distance from your current location.
Our oncologist often repeats you are always welcome to find another MD. I believe he will be happy if we move to another onc.
we have to ask him for a referral to another docs. We already asked a couple referrals for second opinion, but no one ...
Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”
Users browsing this forum: Suelee20 and 4 guests