utahgal7 wrote:Meriva - 2000 mg daily split between 2 doses
Resveratrol - 250 mg daily
Ginger - 1000 mg daily split between 2 doses
Astragalus - 2000 mg daily split between 2 doses
Quercetin - 150 mg daily
Mushroom Supplement - Stamets 7
Melatonin - 20 mg nightly
Berberine - 1500 mg daily split between 3 doses
Baicalin - 1000 mg daily split between 2 doses
IP6/Inositol - 1600 mg daily split between 2 doses
When I took Xeloda earlier this year. I only took it for 3 months. My CEA bounced around just a bit on it and it only lowered my positive Signatera by about 30 points. However, I only did IV vitamin C 3 times because that was all I could afford at the time. I relied on liposomal vitamin C and that was probably a mistake on my part.
.... I agree that the ADAPT protocol is probably the better option.
utahgal7 wrote:So, I completed 10 rounds of FOLFIRI. Chest CT was clear. Signatera was positive again. So, that's no bueno. My oncologist doesn't seem to think that more chemo right now will benefit me. So it's watch and wait for the cancer to come back. Oncologist seems to think that I will have regrowth of cancerous lung nodule(s) by summer 2024. Then, he said we could try FOLFIRI or FOLFOX again. Also, I was given an option of Lonsurf/Avastin combo. There's time to make decisions on all of that later. I just want to enjoy New Year's. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
Happy New Year everyone!
utahgal7 wrote:No, I actually started FOLFIRI based on positive Signatera test from July of this year. CT scan in July was clear of any new lung nodules. New lung nodule didn't show up on CT until this month . My onc wanted to be proactive because as you know, positive Signatera means an eventual recurrence. So I started FOLFIRI at the beginning of August. My onc thinks its odd that I have a new lung nodule while on FOLFIRI. But new nodule is not big enough for biopsy yet. Who knows, it might not even be cancer. I am going to try not to sweat it because the holidays are coming and I want to enjoy the time with my family.
utahgal7 wrote: I was hospitalized for a partial small bowel obstruction after 1st FOLFIRI infusion [August 2022]...CEA was 3.2 CA 19-9 was 24
utahgal7 wrote:In retrospect, I should have gotten FOLFIRI sooner. After my VATS, I was only given the option of XELODA. I should have advocated for FOLFIRI then, so that is my mistake. Live and learn, I guess.
I am going to continue with my current stack of supplements with the hope to delay progression for as long as possible.
utahgal7 wrote:I feel like there a 2 groups of oncologists. One group is willing to be proactive with a positive Signatera result by initiating chemotherapy. Then, you have the other group who is unwilling to treat based solely on Signatera results but wants confirmation with positive CT scans.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests