Post-scope diet?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Deann

Post-scope diet?

Postby Deann » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:53 am

Hi,
OK one more question here. I have messaged my doctor to ask this question too. I made a few mistakes on getting home from the scope this time. Do not eat cottage cheese is the main thing. After that, I have switched to simply having sliced turkey (never mind the ‘deli alert’ I heard about prior to Thanksgiving), soup, and mashed potato. I’m just not sure if one is supposed to omit fruits and veggies and salads for a while or if one can resume any kind of thing. I never eat cottage cheese anyway - it was just for convenience that I got it. Normally I eat a lot of yogurt and feel just fine so I’ll try that eventually.
If anyone has any tips on this let me know.
Meanwhile I’ll see what my dr says.
The other thing is that I’m remarkably dehydrated afterwards and feel weird because of that. I just downed almost one liter of water and might add some Gatorade too even though I haven’t even had breakfast yet. So, I’m asking the dr for any other ideas as well.

nmorgen

Re: Post-scope diet?

Postby nmorgen » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:44 pm

I was never told anything specific about post diet. Of course I’ve never had a polyp removed from my colon, so it might be different. I have had polyps removed from endoscope and was told to eat soft foods for at least a week.
DH age 47
DX 10/22 stage 4
2 tumors in sigmoid colon 2 Mets liver
adenocarcinoma
MSI-H, TMB-H 38, KRAS G13V, ERBB2 neg, BRCA2, Lynch Syndrome
Grade 1 well differentiated
12/1/22 Yervoy and Opdivo CEA 5.4
12/19/22 Yervoy & Opdivo CEA 4.6
01/12/22 Yervoy & Opdivo CEA 3.9
2/13/23 Yervoy& Opdivo CEA 3.4
3/7/23 ct scans no change
3/9/23 Opdivo CEA 3.4
4/4/23 Opdivo CEA 2.3
6/1/23 Opdivo CEA 2.6

Peregrine

Postby Peregrine » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:19 am

Deann wrote:... If anyone has any tips on this let me know.
Meanwhile I’ll see what my Dr says...

Hi Deann -

I would be very interested in knowing whether your doctor has anything useful to say on the matter. I'm mainly interested in evidence-based advice that has some published research to back up the recommendations.

After you have talked with your doctor about this. I would appreciate knowing what kind of advice you got, and what you thought of it.

Thanks a lot.

Deann

Postby Deann » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:26 pm

So far, my PCP answered this by saying bland foods and omit fruits and veggies.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”