adjuvant chemotherapy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
casjongb1
Facebook Username: cas states

adjuvant chemotherapy

Postby casjongb1 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:02 pm

Hello, I am new to this forum.I had stage 2 rectal cancer in 2016.Treated with radiotherapy and 2 course of chemo..Now i am stage 3 colon cancer mets to lymph nodes ⁰Removed 5 weeks ago.Due to issues from radiation ,back to surgery for strangulated small bowel.Recovery seems slow.4 weeks out now.I feel shaky most of the time and wear out very easily.Loose stool 2-3 x daily, quite sore.My question is about the chemotherapy. I live in Bulgaria and speak little of the language. I have a friend who translates and of course google.I understand that i will get chemo every 12-14 days , 12-14 times.I know the protecals are the same here as anywhere else.Well almost.So i would welcome some insight
Thank you
Last edited by casjongb1 on Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

CRguy

Re: adjuvant chemotherapy

Postby CRguy » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:48 pm

Welcome to the forum.

You mention rectal and then colon cancer, but no mention of mets other than now being Stage 4.
You would need to be more specific about exactly what type of chemo you are getting
and hopefully some members would be able to reply with useful feedback.

Best wishes
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:23 am

casjongb1 wrote:Hello, I am new to this forum.I had stage 2 rectal cancer in 2016.Treated with radiotherapy and 2 course of chemo..Now i am stage 4 colon cancer.Removed 5 weeks ago.Due to issues from radiation ,back to surgery for strangulated small bowel.Recovery seems slow.4 weeks out now.I feel shaky most of the time and wear out very easily.Loose stool 2-3 x daily, quite sore.My question is about the chemotherapy. I live in Bulgaria and speak little of the language. I have a friend who translates and of course google.I understand that i will get chemo every 12-14 days , 12-14 times.I know the protecals are the same here as anywhere else.Well almost.So i would welcome some insight
Thank you

Three questions -

1. If you are now Stage IV, then where were your mets located?

2. Do you still have those mets now, or were they all removed along with your colon surgery 5 weeks ago?

3.For your upcoming adjuvant chemotherapy, it looks like they are planning for around 6 months of FOLFOX (i.e., 12 cycles of two weeks each, for a total of 24 weeks of chemo.). Is this what they told you? If so, did they tell you why they are suggesting this particular regimen?

casjongb1
Facebook Username: cas states

Postby casjongb1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:21 am

I will find out more on 28th when i start chem0

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”