When gas and stools won't pass for hours

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
crybaby

When gas and stools won't pass for hours

Postby crybaby » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:13 am

So like 5-6 days ago, my dad started having that problem again when he was unable to pass gas or stools. The last that happened was probably during his radiation treatment in April. But this time was kinda bigger problem, his uneasiness this time was quite big. So had to go hospital at 2 am and after many injections he finally got some sleep and we came back home in morning. The 2 of the injections on the right hip also kinda shrank the muscles in his leg for the moment and he felt some pain for 2-3 days post that.
Later that day in evening, he started having some intense diarrhea. Like I had to gave him 2 loperamide capsules and it still never stopped until next early morning. Then next day, we went to local Gastro not onco, showed him past reports. He believe this might be some IBS and also told that the operated sites of bowel loops get some mass developed over time (we have been told this by so many docs). Can TME+LAR really cause this many trouble even 5 years after.
I have started to see the intestines as whole another living person lately. He do as he pleases :x

My dad is kinda better now but not so much. He still feels fatigued, have lost appetite. And he feels really uneasy when gas travels in those bowel loops but never passes. I really hope meds do work on these.

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Re: When gas and stools won't pass for hours

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:44 am

I'm sorry he's having such a hard time. *hugs* I hope the medication helps.
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

crybaby

Re: When gas and stools won't pass for hours

Postby crybaby » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:23 am

Just today dad again had one of those attacks. His motion was much better over this week but weekend kinda ruined it.
Will update more information with a new post.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”