Stivarga Focus Group

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Phuong
Facebook Username: Phuong Ly Gallagher

Stivarga Focus Group

Postby Phuong » Fri May 27, 2022 4:54 pm

There is a small focus group being assembled for CRC patients that are on or have been on Stivarga. If that's you, and if you are interested in participating, please send me a PM so that I can connect you.
Phuong
http://sonofamotherlessgoat.net/
dx'd Stage III Rectal (T3 N1 M0)
Now Stage IV mCRC

Peregrine

Re: Stivarga Focus Group

Postby Peregrine » Sun May 29, 2022 3:52 am

Phuong wrote:There is a small focus group being assembled for CRC patients that are on or have been on Stivarga [regorafenib]. If that's you, and if you are interested in participating, please send me a PM so that I can connect you.

Phuong -

Thank you very much for the information on the Stivarga focus group. For several years now, there have been members here who have been urgently looking for other patients having recent experience with this drug, for example,

Gloriamazz wrote:... I did read the post that I found under the brand name Stivarga (regorafenib). It was mostly caregivers telling the experience of some one else taking the drug,

Most comments from caregivers were not positive with the drug. I would like first hand information about their results and about their side effects and if tumors shrunk. Length of time on the drug. I would like contact with people who are dealing with this drug now not 5 or 10 yrs ago.

Where do I post to reach out to these people taking Regorafenib or is it not a drug that is not given much. with this drug are there other drugs I should inquire about. I joined this form for knowledge. I know nothing about cancer past the point I took 2 Chemos, Oxilaplatin did not work.

Patients who have been told that they may be in line for Stivarga may want to look first at other drugs that might be available for them and for their MSI-status / tumor mutation status. Stivarga is not the only 3rd-line drug available now. Recently (since 2012) there have been other drugs approved for patients who are on "chemo for life" -- for example.

Drugs approved for CRC (as of 2021)
https://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65284&p=507610#p507610

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”