TIL Therapy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Irishmum

TIL Therapy

Postby Irishmum » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:43 pm

Hi All!
I am new to this board. It is incredible how much information I have gotten from reading. Has anyone participated in a TIL Therapy trial? I'd love to get some information regarding it.
Female 52
4/21 Dx w/ Stage 3 RC
Tumor Location: lower rectum
Tumor type: Adenocarcinoma with Neuroendocrine features
MSS stable
Tumor size (2.5cm)
4/21: 8 rounds FOLFIRINOX followed by
6 weeks of chemoradiation w/capecitabine
Near CR of primary
12/21 Scan shows 3 Liver Mets
1/22 3 more rounds FOLFIRINOX
2/22: Growth in liver mets
3/22: Liver resection #1
5/22 SBRT with TAS 102 for solitary new liver met
8/22 NED
11/22 Still NED
CCR of primary
1/23 3 new liver Mets
5/23 TIL Therapy

JJH

Re: TIL Therapy

Postby JJH » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:06 am

Irishmum wrote:Hi All!
I am new to this board. It is incredible how much information I have gotten from reading. Has anyone participated in a TIL Therapy trial? I'd love to get some information regarding it.

Welcome to the board. It would help if you could post another message with more information about yourself, or create a signature containing the main points relevant to TIL therapy, such as your MSI status and any KRAS tumor mutations.

As far as TIL therapy goes, I believe it is still considered an experimental therapy, since I don't think it has been approved yet for general use. I might be wrong, but I think that TIL therapy is still accessed mainly through various clinical trials that are being set up to determine how well it works and for which indications it might work well enough to eventually qualify for FDA approval for general use.

Currently, there are many clinical trials on record that refer to Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes (over 450 of them), but only a few of them are designed specifically for colorectal cancer or for CRC metastasis therapy. Most of these clinical trials are being conducted in U.S. clinical trial centers, with the main one for therapeutic applications being the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland.

As far as Ireland goes, there are no TIL trial centers of any kind in the country, but there are some TIL trials in other parts of Europe. Here is a map showing the clinical trials related to all aspects of TIL in Western Europe:
TIL clinical trial centers in Europe

Yes, there are some members here who have had experience or information on TIL therapy, for example:
You will be able to send messages to them once you have posted more messages to the main board and have become a regular member. Meanwhile, what you can do is to read what they have posted here in the past. You can do this by doing a Search with their username typed in the 'Search for author' field, and by leaving the Keywords field blank.

There are also some threads here that deal mainly with TIL therapy:
There are also some isolated posts here and there in other threads that give additional information on TIL therapy:

In addition, there is a blog written by Celine that describes her successful experience with TIL therapy

There are also some old newspaper articles that report on Celine 's experience with TIL therapy:
"The darkest hour is just before the dawn" - Thomas Fuller (1650)
●●●

Irishmum

Re: TIL Therapy

Postby Irishmum » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:26 pm

Wow....Thank you @JJH for taking the time to respond. I will create my signature. It looks like I have a lot to learn. I have a rare tumor type. A poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma with neuroendocrine features. Perhaps someone else on this board has the same diagnosis.
Female 52
4/21 Dx w/ Stage 3 RC
Tumor Location: lower rectum
Tumor type: Adenocarcinoma with Neuroendocrine features
MSS stable
Tumor size (2.5cm)
4/21: 8 rounds FOLFIRINOX followed by
6 weeks of chemoradiation w/capecitabine
Near CR of primary
12/21 Scan shows 3 Liver Mets
1/22 3 more rounds FOLFIRINOX
2/22: Growth in liver mets