Mets to pelvis for brother

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
JLD13

Mets to pelvis for brother

Postby JLD13 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:17 pm

Hello All,
Posting for my brother. Just found out there is Mets to his pelvis and lymph nodes. He’s been fighting this since 2017. Been through part of colon and rectal removal (perm colostomy) with chemo and radiation and then a reoccurrence found June 2020 in his bladder so more chemo and radiation done and had his bladder removed June 21. The surgeon was pretty confident he got all the cancer. He had his 6 month scan and followed up with the surgeon who basically said “I’m not going to sugarcoat this, it’s not good”. He’s scheduled for a pet scan this Thursday and plans to start chemo again. My brother is only 41 years old, recently married and currently trying to start a family using the sperm he froze prior to treatment. Just looking for some hope, prayers, positive vibes, similar experiences, advice, anything I guess. My family is very close and we’re just heartbroken once again and right before Christmas. Prayers and positive vibes to all of you and your loved ones fighting this awful disease.

stu

Re: Mets to pelvis for brother

Postby stu » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:31 am

Hi ,
So sorry to hear your brother and your family are having to face more difficult news and face further treatment .
Hopefully a good treatment plan will assist in pulling this back under control . Getting a second opinion can also be very helpful in seeking out the best possible approach for him .
As you will see in my signature my mum hit a few bumps on the road before catching a break .
Chemo did a powerful job at pulling things back and opened up further options .
So here’s to successful treatment despite a difficult setback .
Take care ,
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

claudine

Postby claudine » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:31 pm

A colleague of mine has been living with cancer for maybe 12 years now? She has an inoperable met in her pelvis area. Keeps it in check via chemo. Enjoys great quality of life :)
Wife of Dx 04/18 (51 yo). MSS, KRAS G12A, no primary

Tumors: L4 04/18; left adrenal gland & small lung nodules 03/19
rectum 02/22 (pT3 pN0 stage 2A); L3 09/22

Surgeries: intestinal resect. 05/18 (no cancer - Crohn's); adrenalectomy 02/20
L3-L4-L5 fusion and corpectomy 05/20; LAR 04/22; ileo reversal 09/22
L2-L3 fusion and corpectomy 09/22

Treatments: EBRT 04/18; SBRT 02/19; Failed adjuvant Xelox ; Folfiri/Avastin 03/19 - 01/20
adjuvant chemorad (Xeloda) 06/22; SBRT 11/22; Xeloda/Avastin since 01/24

JLD13

Postby JLD13 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:25 pm

Thank you so much for your replies! Coming on this forum usually always makes me feel better. He had his pet scan today but decided he doesn’t want to look at his results which will
Most likely be posted on his portal til after Christmas so he can just try and enjoy Christmas. Once I know more I’m sure I’ll post again. But thanks again and happy holidays to everyone!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”