Anyone have VATS to Hilar Lymph node?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
behconsult

Anyone have VATS to Hilar Lymph node?

Postby behconsult » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:18 am

I recently had a bronchoscopy that was computer guided. I have a spread to a lymph node 11 L and checking on VATS as an option. CT shows some soft tissue involvement. The hospital I go to, James, said they don't use VATS for mets. I am checking with Cleveland Clinic. Anybody every have this procedure on that location? Any pearls or suggestions. Thanks, Bob
Stage 4 Age 56 BrafV660E 5/14
spot on perit/ Right side tumor
Resctn 6/9/2014
Folfox strt 7/2014. 6 of 12 tx
Chemo induced DM2
Pet 4 mets to lung (1 cm, 6 mm) Xeloda/Avastin 9/16 to present.
Cryo-ablation to four spots- Collapsed lung/chest tube 2x
Possible local recurrence in a spot or two on PET. Stable CT

rp1954

Re: Anyone have VATS to Hilar Lymph node?

Postby rp1954 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:31 pm

The only person that I recall that considered an actual hilar node extraction was Kathryn_in_MN ca 2011-2. Her hilar location was considered difficult then, that would require a hot shot thoracic surgeon willing and able to move organs at that location. Also mind their risk/benefit concerns on distant LN for unknown (micro)mets. So she didn't have hilar LN surgery and was able to buy time with chemo.

Perhaps today surgical techniques with or without machines can do a better job mechanically or slight differences in location(s).
Then the next question is what to do about potential metastatic seedlings, presumed likely to be more than lower down LN.

My take for hilar LN and met spread is similar to my prior comments on LN except more days of repair time on supernutrition after surgery, before a chronomodulated chemo formula with milder side effects but more cumulative cancer cell kill.
Metastatic lymph node treatment options
swinging for the fence
watchful, active researcher and caregiver for stage IVb/c CC. surgeries 4/10 sigmoid etc & 5/11 para-aortic LN cluster; 8 yrs immuno-Chemo for mCRC; now no chemo
most of 2010 Life Extension recommendations and possibilities + more, some (much) higher, peaking ~2011-12, taper chemo to almost nothing mid 2018, IV C-->2021. Now supplements

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”