New member with hernia questions

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Shanti
Facebook Username: Shanti

New member with hernia questions

Postby Shanti » Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:54 am

Hi All
I just became a member and I hope I am posting on the right thread.
I had colorectal cancer last year, and had two stoma operations as well. I have developed two hernias, both the size of a peach.
When I first noticed them, ignorant as I was, I just figured that they would shrink by themselves, but of course they dont.
I am a Danish citizen, but am currently on a holiday on Bali, so its difficult to find anybody to talk to, like my stoma nurse back home.
My question is: what excercises are allowed when you have operational hernias? I have googled, alot, but cant seem to find any site I really resonate with. And there also seem to be a lack of informations unless, you want or have been hernia operated.
I have ordered 2 hernia belts that will arrive in a weeks time I have no pain but like absolutely no stomach muscles.
I dread any hospital/operations/stoma bags etc, you get my point.
What exactly can I do.
Thanks
Shanti

O Stoma Mia

Hernias and exercise restrictions

Postby O Stoma Mia » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:07 am

Shanti wrote:Hi All

I just became a member and I hope I am posting on the right thread.

I had colorectal cancer last year, and had two stoma operations as well. I have developed two hernias, both the size of a peach.
When I first noticed them, ignorant as I was, I just figured that they would shrink by themselves, but of course they dont.
I am a Danish citizen, but am currently on a holiday on Bali, so its difficult to find anybody to talk to, like my stoma nurse back home.
My question is: what excercises are allowed when you have operational hernias? I have googled, alot, but cant seem to find any site I really resonate with. And there also seem to be a lack of informations unless, you want or have been hernia operated.
I have ordered 2 hernia belts that will arrive in a weeks time I have no pain but like absolutely no stomach muscles.
I dread any hospital/operations/stoma bags etc, you get my point.
What exactly can I do.
Thanks
Shanti

ccmc

Re: New member with hernia questions

Postby ccmc » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:25 pm

Welcome to the forum, we just started a new topic discussion for your question.
Colon Club Moderators Committee

Shanti
Facebook Username: Shanti

Re: New member with hernia questions

Postby Shanti » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:49 am

Thanks .
I will stick to this thread.
I appeal to anybody who can help with abdominal exercises when having 2 peach size hernias.
Every module, yoga or pilates has postures that I would find to taxing on my bodies , I don't know how to proceed from here.
Regards Shanti

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”