end of adjuvent chemo in sight...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
WelshIan

end of adjuvent chemo in sight...

Postby WelshIan » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:35 am

Hi all,

It has been a while since I have posted due to work issues and family commitments, I saw my oncologist yesterday 28/6 and was told that my chemo will end after this 8th cycle, I had been on capox to start with but due to oxi stopping me from breathing about 40 mins after the infusion ( no cold related as was still in the chair ) they deported me and put me on just xeloda 4500mg per day from cycle 3 I have had no side effects at all in the last months just tired but that was to be expected.

Now I am being handed back to the surgical team to start periodic checks.. I am nerves about what is to come next has it gone ... will it come back... has it been hiding... so many things running in my head and find it hard right now ... mini breakdowns of worry and anger

I will keep up-to-date on the next steps and hope to be clear and can move on with life.

Thanks for listening to my fears

Br.
Ian
10/20 colon tumour from ct scan / with lung density
11/20 colonoscopy tumour confirmed
12/20 right side colectomy
1/21 pathology staging T3c N2a 4 lymph nodes of 26 posiive
1/21 ct scan - clear
2/21 CAPOX 3 months cycle 1
2/21 CAPOX 3 months cycle 2
3/21 PICC line removed
3/21 Xeloda cycle 3 cea 0.7
4/21 Xeloda cycle 4 4000mg per day CEA 0.4
6/21 Xeloda cycle 8 of 8 4500mg per day
7/21 CAPOX completed
12/21 Ct Scan and full blood work
12/22 1 yr NED
...ongoing

stu

Re: end of adjuvent chemo in sight...

Postby stu » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:01 am

Hi ,
I just want to wish you well as you move into this new phase in your recovery . Purely an observation here but I have had a good opportunity to observe!! I noted that it was period of time and uncertainty but with good scanning results some confidence grew and with time this horrible stage eased too!
It might surprise you but even with a diagnosis like my mum’s life squeezed back in and took over and she rarely thinks about it now .
What I would say is address it . If you need help , reach out and speak to your Dr . Some people find some stages harder than others and that’s true of all illness . I worked for ten years with people with live altering diagnoses and noted a lot of people hit this wall after the real threat was lessened . As though the emotional aspect caught up with their best defences .
It is as I say not a patient’s experience but I also observed people moving edging forward slowly away from this place .
Anyway I wish you well .
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

WelshIan

Re: end of adjuvent chemo in sight...

Postby WelshIan » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:13 am

Stu, thank you for your input and yes I am feeling a bit more positive each day.. I have just had word from my oncologist that my follow up plans are set for dec 2021 with a scan and blood works so now I have 6 months to rebuild my strength and health.

Gym card renewed and have just bought a new bike and will try and ride around 5 to 7 km per day...

I will try everything in my power to beat this too much to live for kids 14 and 10 need to fight for them
10/20 colon tumour from ct scan / with lung density
11/20 colonoscopy tumour confirmed
12/20 right side colectomy
1/21 pathology staging T3c N2a 4 lymph nodes of 26 posiive
1/21 ct scan - clear
2/21 CAPOX 3 months cycle 1
2/21 CAPOX 3 months cycle 2
3/21 PICC line removed
3/21 Xeloda cycle 3 cea 0.7
4/21 Xeloda cycle 4 4000mg per day CEA 0.4
6/21 Xeloda cycle 8 of 8 4500mg per day
7/21 CAPOX completed