Ileostomy Reversal - My Journey

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Xndman

Re: Ileostomy Reversal - My Journey

Postby Xndman » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:55 am

Thought I'd drop in with another update. I'm just over 4 months out from reversal surgery now. I still go upwards of 10x a day but the stool is typically pretty well formed. Boozing does indeed make things pretty watery for some time the next day. My control keeps improving and I don't even think too much about going out anymore. I prefer to have an hour or so after eating but I haven't had any accidents in quite a while and I've gone as long as 8 hours without pooping.

It feels like the last step for me will be for my new "colon" to accumulate more stool before making me feel like I need to use the bathroom.

Aside from the pooping saga, my energy is very slowly improving. I do a lot of walking but not much vigorous exercise, I need to start that. However, when the end of the day comes I'm usually pretty tired.

DennisG
Facebook Username: Dwg3636@comcast.net

Postby DennisG » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:07 am

After my second bout of colon cancer, because I have Lynch syndrome my surgeon thought it was time to remove my large intestine. It’s been 18 months since my surgery and I continue to suffer. My weight dropped from 198 to 166. My stomach is almost always bloated, stomach feels as if I was punched and I am very weak.

I have about 10 BM’s a day, however about every four weeks I have about 20 BM’s daily for a week. I lose 5 pounds and am so week I can barely function. I lose my appetite and feel nauseous after BM’s. I get dizzy when I first stand up. Quality of life is a 2 at this point.

I take 6 imodium every day. Two capsules three times a day. I just started hyoscyamine sulf (Levsin) 3 times daily.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, Dennis

Xndman

Postby Xndman » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:07 am

Sorry to hear it's been so rough for you Dennis.

How's your diet? Do eat high fiber foods like rice, etc? Are you taking a fiber supplement like Imodium? When you do go are you stools formed at all? Do you have control when you need to go? Are you exercising regularly?

Apologies for all the questions but your answers will help with giving you advice. Good luck and don't give up.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”