UPDATE: Rising CEA

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Peregrine

Re: UPDATE: Rising CEA

Postby Peregrine » Thu May 05, 2022 1:48 am

klpark194 wrote:Cynthia- your story has been an inspiration to me. Would it be possible to direct message you somehow? I am not very familiar on how to use this forum. I have a very similar story to your and also see dr kemeny and park.

Kay Lee

The link for sending a PM to Cynthia is here:

https://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=71560

klpark194

Postby klpark194 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:21 pm

I got this message:

“ We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature”

ccmc

Postby ccmc » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:18 pm

... Also, any new members will have to have their first several posts approved by one of the Board Moderators.
After your first several posts have been approved, you will be allowed to post normally without approval and be able to exchange Private Messages (PM's) with other members.

You do not have enough approved posts yet.
Colon Club Moderators Committee

Peregrine

Postby Peregrine » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:12 am

klpark194 wrote:... I am not very familiar on how to use this forum...
Kay Lee

Kay Lee -

FYI, here are some tips on how to use this board and how to post "good" posts:

Best way to utilize board effectively
https://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59780&p=475045#p475045

Forum etiquette
https://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56887&p=449904#p449904
Another point -- if you want to accumulate more approved posts and eventually get promoted to Regular Member with PM privileges, then you will have to post additional messages that are useful, not frivolous, not repetitive (i.e., not spam-like), not troll-like, not commercial advertisements, etc.

For example, you could post a message briefly describing your own diagnosis and staging, and you could post another message or two in reply to members here who are looking for encouragement or emotional support, or you could post a message alerting us to a newly published finding about colorectal cancer, etc.

What I have observed here is that newly registered members need to have at least 5 to 10 "good" messages before they get promoted to Regular Member status. I have even seen some cases where new members have had to post 20 to 30 messages before promotion, mainly because most of their prior posted messages were trivial, pointless, or suspicious.

So, basically it's up to you to start posting useful messages. The 2 messages that you have posted so far are not enough.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”