A small update

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Jannine

A small update

Postby Jannine » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:49 am

My scans continue to be clean, and I've graduated to annual. My next CT scan is in August and my next colonoscopy (3-year) should be in 6 months or so.

I started getting regular UTIs after chemo, which I think just happened to coincide with menopause for me; I was already on my way there before starting chemo. I got the UTIs under control before COVID happened but then got a new one a few months ago. That UTI didn't get resolved for over a week (resistant bacteria, and it took a week to get the culture results back :evil: ), and my bladder spasms kept going after the infection was resolved. So I now have an overactive bladder.

It is the pits. I wake up 2-4 times in the middle of the night and have to get up and go pee. I am on my second attempted medication to treat this; the possible medications seem to offer just incremental improvements and have side effects that are not great. Constipation is hitting me pretty hard on Solifenacin. I only had constipation on my cancer journey once, so this is new for me. I have hauled out the meds I bought back then, to try to get things moving. Senna plus colace worked, thank goodness. I've been going through posts here to see what has worked for others' constipation, in case this is now a thing that I am just going to have to manage. I think this medication is improving my OAB symptoms somewhat, and I want to give it some time to work.

So although my current problem is not directly related to my colon cancer, this forum continues to provide support I need. Thank you!
DX: sigmoid colon cancer 5/2018. 48 F
laparoscopic sigmoid resection (24 cm removed); no stoma.
7.5cm adenocarcinoma -- mod. diff.
1 noncontiguous tumor deposit removed; 0/31 lymph nodes
T3 pN1c M0
5/18 before surgery, CEA 11.2
6/18 began FOLFOX
7/18: CEA 1.9; added neulasta post infusion
9/18: CEA 2.8
10/18: 25% chemo reduction
11/18: CEA 1.8
7/19 CT scan clear

stu

Re: A small update

Postby stu » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:13 am

Interesting post ! I have hyper mobility and menopause has caused new issues ! I have interstitial cystitis. My bladder has no infection but acts as though it does . I initially found antihistamines quite helpful but recently tried over the counter buscopan and found some help !
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”