Signatera Test Came out positive

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Brearmstrong

Re: Signatera Test Came out positive

Postby Brearmstrong » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:08 pm

From my experience, I had been NED for two years while on Xeloda for maintenance and my oncologist wanted to see if the signatera was negative then I could take a break. Of course the day of the blood draw I had an elevated CEA and PET confirmed it was back and on my ovary. So it coming back positive was expected. I had surgery and CEA back to normal ( mine is also extremely sensitive to recurrence) but signatera came back positive- lower but still positive. I however did not go back on chemo. After 4 years of it, I was tired and it wasn’t working so I am saving it for when it’s visible. I have a lung biopsy Monday so it may be here faster than I hoped. I know many drs won’t use on stage IV as they don’t have enough data on what it means in a stage IV setting but I like knowledge even if it’s not what I was hoping for. My two cents :wink:
50 F diag 1/17
Muc Adeno 4cm
mod diff G2 T4aN2
nodes 8/50
CEA 4.6 after surgery <.05
KRAS G12D MSS
FOLFOX Apr-sep 17
Nov 17 PET p aortic nodes Stage IV
Folfori w/avastin
May 18 surgery on nodes xeloda 2yr
Aug 18-May 20 NED
July 20 hysterectomy
July 21 vats right lung
Clinical trial- failed liver Mets biopsy shows now poorly differentiated carcinoma.
HAI pump at MSK may 2022
Nov met to pancreas- causing pain
Radiation ablation to pancreas Dec 22
New lung Mets watch and wait

jumpman50512

Re: Signatera Test Came out positive

Postby jumpman50512 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:02 pm

well today i got my PET scan and i will know the results on thursday around 3pm i am nervous and just hoping for the best. I am having some problems with hemeroids which i think they are when i pass gas sometimes some stool comes out i will talk to the doctor about this but here goes everything thanks everyone for the replies
Stage IV Survivor Currently (Diagnosed @ 29) currently 36
1 Met to the Liver
Colo-Rectal cancer surgery
12 rounds of chemo + Radiation + Oral Chemo
12/1/21 Colonoscopy Clean
2/1/21 CT scan Clean
2/1/21 CEA at 5.8
4/1/21 CEA currently at 8.8
5/27/21 CEA currently at 13
Signatera Positive :cry:
Clean CT Scan 4/15/21
It's back :cry: 6/24/21