Clinical trial help for KRAS adenocarcinoma with lymph node and peri involvement

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Beza1422

Clinical trial help for KRAS adenocarcinoma with lymph node and peri involvement

Postby Beza1422 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:24 pm

Hello!! I am reaching out to see if anyone has any insight or opinion on this clinical trial. My mom has KRAS G12D and extensive lymph node involvement in the pelvic area, mesentary/small bowel and left supraclavicular nodes. I am asking for any and all help or recommendations for the beat course of treatment. Most trials are for solid tumor and I am trying to find something that would have the best chance of regression in lymph nodes and peritoneum, where they think the cancer has spread. Thank you in advance for any and all help!
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT ... 5#contacts
DX 2/19: Mid-rectum adenocarcinoma, moderately differentiated
KRAS G12D ( p.Gly12ASP), MSS
4/19-5/19: Neoadjuvant Xeloda and Radiation
7/19: Low anterior Resection with end colostomy
4/21: CEA 74, two hyper metabolic left supraclavicular lymph nodes confirming adenocarcinoma at biopsy, focal activity at pelvic lymph nodes and a 0.9 cm lesion in mesentary/small bowel

catstaff

Re: Clinical trial help for KRAS adenocarcinoma with lymph node and peri involvement

Postby catstaff » Wed May 19, 2021 7:51 am

My understanding is that she has not had conventional chemo yet. The inclusion criteria for this trial say that they may accept patients who have declined conventional treatment, but in most trials they'd prefer patients who have had it. For one thing, they don't want patients skipping standard of care for what is by definition an experimental, unproven treatment. Keep in mind that most new treatments fail and that seems especially true for cancer trials, sadly. What works in cells or even mice may not work in humans. For another thing, even when they are not yet comparing it to standard treatments (that would be a Phase III trial) they would like to look for signs that it works better. Right now vaccines seem especially speculative since they have a long history of flopping clinically. I am optimistic they'll figure it out but it may be a few years yet.

If you are still interested you could contact the administrator and she might be able to give you an idea of whether they'd accept your mother.
D/H Dx 10/2019 RC age 61
Clinical T4bN2M1a (common iliac and para-aortic lymph nodes)
MSS KRAS G12D
CRT 11/19-1/20 FOLFOX 3/20-7/20
Pelvic exenteration w/LAR 8/20
ypT4bN0Mx G3 0/14 nodes LVI not seen PNI-
CEA 10/19:20, 1/20-11/20:1.6, 4.3, 3.4, 2.7, 2/21:9.0 3/21:18,40 4/21:28,19, 5/21:13.3,8.6
PET 3/21 recurrence in distal nodes, L5 vertebra, pelvis
FOLFIRI+bev 3/21-

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”