2021: In Memoriam

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
CRguy

2021: In Memoriam

Postby CRguy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:36 pm

It is with great sadness that our friend here Mercy110 informs us of the passing of her dear mother.
My mum needs prayers

Please join in offering your sincere condolences to the family over their loss.
May she Rest In Peace.
Respectfully,
CRguy

CRguy

Re: 2021: In Memoriam - Diana Sloan

Postby CRguy » Sun May 09, 2021 2:21 pm

With great sadness and sympathies from our club, we announce the passing of Diana Sloan ( wrigleyville92 )
Club President, Phuong, has presented this beautiful remembrance of her for all to share.

Sending my sincere condolences to friends and family
Rest in peace Diana.
Respectfully,
CRguy

The Colon Club
· April 26 ·

Words cannot express how devastated we are to share that our dear Diana Sloan has passed. Our hearts go out to her husband Heath, and her daughters Maria, Gabby, and Brie. We hope that they can take some comfort in knowing what a tremendous difference Diana has made in countless lives, and we are eternally grateful that they shared her with our community.

One thing Diana requested was that if you post something on social media, please do NOT tag her, her husband, or her daughters. You are encouraged to celebrate her life by sharing stories about her, but let us acknowledge and respect the privacy of her family in this very difficult time.

As a writer and editor, Diana told stories with the truth that coursed through her existence. As Mama D, Diana filled the role of being the mama of The Colon Club. She would lift you up in love when you needed it, but she also gave you a swift kick in the pants if it was warranted.

I could tell you about the impact that Diana has made on our CRC community. I could continue to tell you about how she inspired us all with how she wrestled cancer down time and time again, or how she made us laugh through her travel adventures with Fred (her stoma), or how she radiated love and understanding for her fellow humans. Instead, I’d rather share with you what she really wanted you to know.

I was the lucky one who got to write Diana’s On The Rise story a few years ago. I had the absolute privilege of getting to know her and becoming her friend. Everyone knows that Diana was as kind and genuine as she was honest – and believe me, she was honest! But what Diana really was, was love. She gave as good as she got. When I interviewed her, Diana had said, “Everyone that is important in my life has shown up. I live for love every day.” If you ever showed her a kindness, big or small, know that she remembered it and cherished you for it.

In typical Diana fashion, she worried more about her loved ones than about herself. It was as if she peeked through a window and saw how we all now feel.

“I need everybody to find peace. They’re going to grieve, they’re going to be angry, but I need everyone to find peace. Like Heath reminds me to live, I want them to live even though I’m not here. I don’t want them to fall into a hole that they can’t come out of.”

One thing was always clear – Heath was the love of her life, and her girls, Maria, Gabby, and Brie were the center of her universe. Heath and Diana decided that they weren’t going to spend money on “stuff” anymore. They wanted experiences and memories to fill their lives with love. Diana came up with the #wedontwait tour because she wanted to share their experiences with family and friends, and to inspire them not to wait until something major happened to reach for those moments of joy.

So let us take the time to grieve for the loss of a very dear friend, but let us honor her memory by living as she would have us live – with unlimited kindness, unquenchable joy, and love without abandon.

~ Phuong Gallagher, President

https://www.facebook.com/colonclub/photos/a.10150693286806054/10159342342071054/?type=3&theater

CRguy

Re: 2021: In Memoriam

Postby CRguy » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:00 pm

Sending sincere condolences to our member MCT2021,
who has recently let us know that her dear brother had passed away in mid May 2021.
" 05/2021: At peace; missing him always "

Respectfully
CRguy

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:14 pm

The Colon Club is remembering one of our own.
Long time friend here, OSM, has let us know of the passing of
Jessica Dilts-Cash.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheColonClub/status/1408457524123029510

https://www.colonclub.com/our-stories/rectal-cancer/jessica-dilts-cash

With sincere condolences to friends and family.
She will be missed

respectfully
CRguy

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:54 pm

It is with sadness that we share crazylife's recent topic My angel husband passed away

Please accept my sincere sympathies over your loss.
Respectfully
CRguy

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”