Has Anyone Any Experience With The Joe Tippens Protocol?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
texazgal

Re: Has Anyone Any Experience With The Joe Tippens Protocol?

Postby texazgal » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:49 pm

I have used just the fenben when not doing chemo. For about 9 weeks. Can't say it did anything for me. Just started on Keytruda and
If that fails, I'll try it again. If you do Facebook, there is a large group of users on https://www.facebook.com/groups/429159131252194/ you could join.
DX rectal cancer Aug 04
Surgery Sept 04, perm ostomy, "BarbieButt" Sept 23, 04.
June 2019 stage 3 esophageal cancer
Aug. 2019 28 radiations, 5 chemo
Nov. PET shows original tumor and mets resolved, 2 new mets in liver and bone.
May 2020 port installed, started Folfox hope to do 12 rounds, cure not expected
Keytruda April 2021 8 rounds
scan showed small growth in tumors
Paclitaxol started summer 2021.
Scan July 30, 2021 showed small decrease in size of tumors in liver and bone

4us4

Postby 4us4 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:39 pm

I am trying it... no good results to report yet, but no harm either :)
DX@39yo in April19: Stage 4 Sigmoid Mets to peritoneum, ovaries, spleen
June-Oct 2019: FOLFOX, Avastin, 5FU (9 infusions)
Nov19: Cytoreductive+HiPEC at UCSD, PCI score= 8
Jan20: FOLFOX, Avastin, 5FU (3 infusions)
April,June,Aug2020: watching several small growing lung nodules

Married w/ two sons (5,1). Oregon coast-USA. Solid in my faith & firmly believe WHATEVER the future holds, God is with us & THAT is enough...while praying my socks for full recovery & chance to raise my kids to adulthood.

AlexandraZ

Postby AlexandraZ » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:01 pm

I don't want to scare anyone, but I think it's important to mention that quite a few people have experienced progression in liver mets while on this protocol. It seems to work well for lung cancer in some cases, and possibly other cancers. But for anyone with liver mets, I would be careful and do my research first.
Boyfriend 28yo dx February 2019, CEA 70,480
Stage 4 CRC with multiple mets to liver & lungs
KRAS, NRAS, BRAF wild type, MSS
12x FOLFIRI + Vectibix
September 2019 CEA 210, 60% reduction in size, chemo break!

AlexandraZ

Postby AlexandraZ » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm

prayingforccr wrote:Good to know.

Thank you.

I’m almost sorry I started the thread now.

Don't be! Lots of people have had success with it. It's up to everyone to do their own research.
12x FOLFIRI + Vectibix

ginabeewell

Postby ginabeewell » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:42 pm

AlexandraZ wrote:I don't want to scare anyone, but I think it's important to mention that quite a few people have experienced progression in liver mets while on this protocol. It seems to work well for lung cancer in some cases, and possibly other cancers. But for anyone with liver mets, I would be careful and do my research first.

I’m just curious where you’ve seen this? I’ve been lurking on a Facebook page where many have tried. I see it works for some and not others - but thus far haven’t seen anything that suggests it is damaging, unless people are deciding to forgo chemo and try this instead!

I’m still investigating, and I would love any additional insight anyone would have!
49 YO mom of twins (11) lucky stepmom of 16/19 year olds
9/17/18 DX stage 4 CRC w inoperable liver mets CEA 931
Currently NED!

Join me on a lookback of my journey via my Strive for Five on Substack here:
https://ginajacobson.substack.com

All treatment details here:
https://www.weareallmadeofstars.net/col ... nt-journey

My favorite posts here:
https://weareallmadeofstars.net/favorite-posts

beach sunrise

Postby beach sunrise » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:26 am

I don't have any info or advice but do want to tell this story: When my son was little, like 1st grade maybe, he went to play with a neighbor kid alot. Well, one day during the summer after a play date he had a stomach ache. He said his friends grandmother made him and his friend a weird drink. I called the grandmother and asked her about it, telling her about my sons stomach pains. She said she DEWORMED him since he was there and it was time to deworm her grandson. I thought I was going to pass out right then and there. She said the problem with kids sicknesses, attention problems and bad attitudes was because they were full of fungus, worms and parasites. Holy Cow!!! I have to say her husband died a few yrs ago at 90 something yrs old and she is still around pushing 100 yrs old. No health problems their whole life. So, for what its worth dewormer might have some value.
8/19 RC CEA 82.6 T3N0M0
5FU/rad 6 wk
IVC 75g 1 1/2 wks before surgery. Continue 2x a week
Surg 1/20 -margins T4bN1a IIIC G2 MSI- 1/20 LN+ LVI+ PNI-
pre cea 24 post 5.9
FOLFOX
7 rds 6-10 CEA 11.4 No more
CEA
7/20 11.1 8.8
8/20 7.8
9/20 8.8, 9, 8.6
10/20 8.1
11/20 8s
12/20 8s-9s
ADAPT++++ chrono
CEA
10/23/22 26.x
12/23/22 22.x
1/5 17.1
1/20 15.9
3/30 14.9
6/12 13.3
8/1 2.1
Nodule RML SUV 1.3 5mm
Rolles 3 of 4 lung nodules cancer
KRAS
Chem-sens test failed Not enough ca cells to test

AlexandraZ

Postby AlexandraZ » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:17 am

ginabeewell wrote:
AlexandraZ wrote:I don't want to scare anyone, but I think it's important to mention that quite a few people have experienced progression in liver mets while on this protocol. It seems to work well for lung cancer in some cases, and possibly other cancers. But for anyone with liver mets, I would be careful and do my research first.

I’m just curious where you’ve seen this? I’ve been lurking on a Facebook page where many have tried. I see it works for some and not others - but thus far haven’t seen anything that suggests it is damaging, unless people are deciding to forgo chemo and try this instead!

I’m still investigating, and I would love any additional insight anyone would have!

Hi Gina!

Nice to hear from you. I've been thinking of you! I've seen stories here and there in my Facebook groups. I'm not in any Tippens groups, but I'm in several groups for repurposed drugs for cancer treatment. I don't know what the proportions are, as I know a lot of people have had good results. There are two or three women in a Danish group who had liver progression for the first time right after starting fenbendazole. I've seen it in the international group too, enough times to not want my bf on it. He was taking mebendazole until recently, when a scan showed liver progression. That could TOTALLY be a coincidence, but to be safe we have discontinued use of it.
Hope you are doing well, all things considered! Hugs
12x FOLFIRI + Vectibix

jsbsf

Postby jsbsf » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:49 am

We didn’t do the Joe Tippens protocol exclusively, but used bits and pieces of information we found in this forum.

DH started taking Turkey Tail (mainly PSK) and Modified Citrus Pectin early on, starting about a month before chemo. There was no strict rule. He had a 5g scoop daily of MCP and took two turkey tail capsules in the morning, one mid-day, two more at night (usually). I’m not advocating it, but he continued this throughout chemo. I’m even taking turkey tail and MCP, now. I feel pretty good about those 2 supplements and at the time, we would try anything that gave us some hope. His original prognosis was poor.

He also took cimetidine (Tagamet). 4 pills per day. He increased the dosage to 6 around the time of his liver resection. Decreased it to two, and eventually stopped taking it because it seemed to coincide with knee pain.

He took berberine in 2 courses, 6 weeks of 3 per day, a month off, and then he repeated this. We monitored his blood sugar, and his numbers were always good.

He tolerated chemo surprisingly well. He got a slightly reduced dosage for the last four rounds, but only as a precaution.

We tried panacur c, twice. It was a protocol where you take a gram per day for 3 days per week, with a four day break. We did 12g (4 weeks) twice. I think this is Joe Tippens protocol. I’m not sure if it helped. I was most nervous about introducing this into his regimen.

I do know one liver met disappeared and the the other shrunk substantially between November and February. The primary tumor also was reduced from over 5cm to practically nothing by June. We will never know how much of a role any of the supplements played or how the results would have been without them. We like to think we did the right thing.

We do know that before chemo started, the pain from the rectal tumor was less, and more of a discomfort than the excruciating pain it had been for several weeks before. But we also know the liver tumors has increased substantially by around a week after the first chemo treatment, while the primary tumor was about the same size.

He has something called IP6 with Inositol. I think it’s important that it contain both ingredients. He doesn’t take it regularly, but will occasionally have a scoop of it in water. He never took it during the chemo infusion 3 day period, but would occasionally during recovery week on days he felt well. Strangely, it seemed to bring back side effects of chemo.

He just completed a short course of radiation, and the side effects are the same as how he felt a year ago when all this started. So just because of how bad he has felt for the past week, we’ve held back mostly on the supplements, except D3, K2, and L-Reuteri, which he also took all along.
DH 61
2019 4A t3 n2 m1a
8/23 C-scopy, 5+cm mass. CEA:4.1
9/16 MSS. MRI: 2 lvr mets: 2.7 & 7mm
9/30 Start FOLFOX 1-6
10/4 Lg lvr met ~3.7cm, pri tmr stable.
CEA: 10/13,12.5;10/27-12/8 btw 4.7 & 3.1
11/5 both lvr mets ~ 2/3 smaller.
12/17 PET: significant improv.
MWA 2/5, Lap resection 2/11
CEA: 3/1-5/31 btw 2.1&2.9
3/2 start FOLFOX 7-12
7/23-29 EBRT
10/2/2020 NED/W&W
4/2022 EUS-FNA,MRI: recur.;
5/2022:CT scan no mets. APR.
7-12/2023 Xeloda
4/2023 CT/MRI NED

Aguilito

Postby Aguilito » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:04 pm

June 2019

annual checkup blood tests done but review scheduled for August due to holidays. Later followup shows cancer in full swing.
Mid August

acute abdominal pain --> A&E .. CT scan .. cancer suspected

September

colonoscopy .. confirmed adenocarcinoma ascending colon .. Stage II T2a
Various scans later and biopsy results .. BRAF V600E .. no hereditary factors

October

failed resection, anastomosis in. Stage III T4a

Start chewing mebendazole after review of Joe Tippens.
Discover Jane McClelland.
Book CoC Appointment.

November

Full CoC protocol mark l (alt mbz/Doxycycline) plus full Joe Tippens (as outlined at thread start). Unable to tolerate full Metformin.

20th Dec

Folfoxfiri #1

Adding Berberine to the cocktail

13 Jan 2020

Folfoxfiri #2

27/1

Folfoxfiri #3

February

CoC protocol mk II 200 mg mbz, alternating months Doxycycline
(To this day). Decide to stick with half Metformin (500 mg/day) as BRAF and Metformin are good friends and I don't want them to get chummy. BRAF feeds on the by product of ketone energy production (Acetate) and therefore Keto diet or too much suppression of glucose power is lethal. Indeed I was for the first time doing Keto diet Jan 2019-June 2019 and this probably accelerated my cancer in to full steam ahead.

April 7th

Full resection of tumour, part liver, gallbladder. Clean edges, no liver invasion.

Restaged pT3N0M0

May

CT concerns anastomosis

June

PET concerns liver
MRI liver cleared, anastomosis concerns remain

July to August

Folfox #1
Folfox #2
Folfox #3

Stopped chemotherapy due to bradycardia. Enough.

New scans

Liver cleared. Anastomosis concerns still remain but unlikely cancerous

September

Colonoscopy .. clear N.E.D

October

New MRI
New PET

November this week

Results in.

Radiology free.

N.E.D.

In June/July I added IV Vitamin C 75g x 2 with one clinic but they were a bit far away for me so I stopped.

Then I found a nearer one and in July/August in between and after chemo I did another 6x IV Vitamin C 75g. So about half a kilo of the stuff. Never slept better. Couldn't keep eyes open.

I called a bit with Melatonin thereafter but not much.

I found a medical report of the only full remission of a mCRC patient with a similar profile to me except no BRAF. Deep in the report for one the patients own protocol was disclosed. Some familiar stuff. Francinsense (didn't try). There wort (didn't try). Chaga. What is Chaga? Did some research and thought this sounded interesting so got some of that. So from late August I added that.

Because the surgery was of course quite extensive I still suffered some pain around the wound. Read and for interested in Green Lipped Mussel. Got some of that again from August and wow. What an anti inflammatory. The next day I felt nothing. No pain or anything.

Now around June time I read the research about testosterone treatment discoveries in prostate cancer. My earlier research plus that led me to conclude that cancer likes certainty and routine so I decided to keep the CoC protocol as base but drop in and out of the now rather long list of stuff in my repertoire of funky stuff.

This means I could take a week with full on everything and other times I dropped out berberine, theracurmin and CBD ... Sometimes for weeks.

Plans ahead

1)
Stick with CoC protocol as is. Plus Vitamins. Plus occasional runs of CBD, Berberine and Theracurmin but I'm not very regular at all with these. I do journal it all though on a monthly sheet to keep a visual view of what I'm doing as after a while you don't remember what you did or when.

2)
Enjoy life.

I would like to wish all of you out there good luck and hope you found this site up useful.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Over and it from London UK.

beach sunrise

Postby beach sunrise » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:48 pm

Thanks for posting Aguilito! I will have to research some of your findings.
8/19 RC CEA 82.6 T3N0M0
5FU/rad 6 wk
IVC 75g 1 1/2 wks before surgery. Continue 2x a week
Surg 1/20 -margins T4bN1a IIIC G2 MSI- 1/20 LN+ LVI+ PNI-
pre cea 24 post 5.9
FOLFOX
7 rds 6-10 CEA 11.4 No more
CEA
7/20 11.1 8.8
8/20 7.8
9/20 8.8, 9, 8.6
10/20 8.1
11/20 8s
12/20 8s-9s
ADAPT++++ chrono
CEA
10/23/22 26.x
12/23/22 22.x
1/5 17.1
1/20 15.9
3/30 14.9
6/12 13.3
8/1 2.1
Nodule RML SUV 1.3 5mm
Rolles 3 of 4 lung nodules cancer
KRAS
Chem-sens test failed Not enough ca cells to test

JB09
Facebook Username: Jaime Baskin

Postby JB09 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:56 pm

Just curious to know if you're protocol is still working? I'd love to know if BRAF can be shut down by repurposed meds

JB09
Facebook Username: Jaime Baskin

Postby JB09 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:20 pm

beach sunrise wrote:I don't have any info or advice but do want to tell this story: When my son was little, like 1st grade maybe, he went to play with a neighbor kid alot. Well, one day during the summer after a play date he had a stomach ache. He said his friends grandmother made him and his friend a weird drink. I called the grandmother and asked her about it, telling her about my sons stomach pains. She said she DEWORMED him since he was there and it was time to deworm her grandson. I thought I was going to pass out right then and there. She said the problem with kids sicknesses, attention problems and bad attitudes was because they were full of fungus, worms and parasites. Holy Cow!!! I have to say her husband died a few yrs ago at 90 something yrs old and she is still around pushing 100 yrs old. No health problems their whole life. So, for what its worth dewormer might have some value.

Wow. Crazy. Kind of amazing too.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”