Covid and the non-believers

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
CRguy

Re: Covid and the non-believers

Postby CRguy » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:02 pm

From one of the references :
“The risk for infection is highly dependent on distance to the individual infected and the type of face mask and eye protection worn.

I should probably not engage in this topic any further as NOBODY actually talks about other mucous membrane susceptibilities LIKE EYES !!!!

I have done sterile surgeries since 1981 ( well 1975 as a student actually :) )
I know what it takes to prevent infections
I have worn MASKS and vizors and glasses every time

The social media just does NOT get it ... all they want is a news bite !

I am NOT picking on you my friend, as you brought a reasoned post with added info, so thank you roadrunner

BUTT the social media JUST DOES NOT GET IT !
Their info is just talking bites and incomplete pseudo-scientific data

If they were all 100% correct then there would be NO colorectal cancer now because we would all be cured by Laetrile in a Mexican clinic :twisted:

RANT OVER... maybe ? :shock:

BUTT ... as a talking point I DO wear a mask in public places to demonstrate solidarity to the initiatives HERE which have given us the lowest infection rate in the western hemisphere ERGO my mask PROTECTS YOU from ME
SO... WHAT are YOU doing to protect ME from you ???

It IS a 2 way street and all of us need to see a little reciprocity

NOT full on party hearty spread the virus stupidity from the "sun states"

OK NOW rant over .... maybe

CRguy OUT !
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

beach sunrise

Postby beach sunrise » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:39 pm

Yep, I wear mask, safety glasses and floppy hat. I have been told by radiation oncologist I look like a bank robber! I defunk my clothes and shoes before getting back in the car to go home. Distance is key but when unavoidable circumstances like doc appts roll around I don't care what anyone thinks in the building or outside.
8/19 RC CEA 82.6 T3N0M0
5FU/rad 6 wk
IVC 75g 1 1/2 wks before surgery. Continue 2x a week
Surg 1/20 -margins T4bN1a IIIC G2 MSI- 1/20 LN+ LVI+ PNI-
pre cea 24 post 5.9
FOLFOX
7 rds 6-10 CEA 11.4 No more
CEA
7/20 11.1 8.8
8/20 7.8
9/20 8.8, 9, 8.6
10/20 8.1
11/20 8s
12/20 8s-9s
ADAPT++++ chrono
CEA
10/23/22 26.x
12/23/22 22.x
1/5 17.1
1/20 15.9
3/30 14.9
6/12 13.3
8/1 2.1
Nodule RML SUV 1.3 5mm
Rolles 3 of 4 lung nodules cancer
KRAS
Chem-sens test failed Not enough ca cells to test

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:37 pm

CRguy wrote:
I am taking nominations for Darwin Awards :evil:

I have seen a few hundred THOUSAND lately in my beloved USA

I do NOT know what is wrong with people Lee.

If you have any insight ..... let 'er rip !!

Cheers my friend
STAY SAFERIST !!!!!!

CRguy

Yes I too have a few nominations for that Darwin Award. :evil:

I have a Fitbit, it used to be easy to get 10,000 to 15,000 steps in a day, now I'm lucky if i get to 10,000. We have some very close friends that we used to get together with about 2X weekly, Taco Tuesday and Saturday night. Now we are lucky if we get together ONCE every other week for a pot luck dinner. It's a different world right now.

A few months back when we were still in lock down mode. I had to see my PCP, he at one point asked " have you done anything exciting recently?" I put my head down in shame, yes we got together with friends this past weekend for a potluck dinner, after not seeing them for over a month. I quickly added, but we ate outside, kept our distance as best we could and there was only 9 people involved. He shot back, GOOD, glad to hear!! You are being level headed about your get together. I support your activity. Pick a few friends, follow what the CDC recommends, but see people, just be smart about it. I felt better about that get together and we decided to continue until the daughter got the virus. It will pick up again soon.

This year is a bust. I have another good friend, we have been doing Black Friday Shopping for over 16 yrs now. Get up at 2:30am and shop till you drop, then go out and eat breakfast. We have had some of the best times at 3, 4, 5, 6, am in the morning, on only 3-4 hrs of sleep. Our kids were of the same age, and thus they got a lot of the same things, especially our daughters. One year, I focused on one item, she focus on another, the following yrs we switched. We will see how it plays out this year, but suspect this year may not happened. We hope to be back in action for 2021 Black Friday Shopping.

I've heard with all the precautions we are taking, we might wipe out the seasonal flu. I would be nice.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:08 pm

Lee wrote: We hope to be back in action for 2021 Black Friday Shopping.

Hey homie it is called ONLINE retail therapy ...
sit 6 feet apart, have drink and snacks, order till you drop and then start over !!!! :mrgreen:
Lee wrote:I've heard with all the precautions we are taking, we might wipe out the seasonal flu. I would be nice.

Yup actually had that same discussion twice today with folks ... BUTT
it will depend on flu vaccine availability due to overwhelming ramp up for COVID vaccines
manufacturing, and distribution chains will be maxed out, I fear.

Cheers and keep stayin' SAFERIST !!!!

CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”