My Sister's Story

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
SMoffett

My Sister's Story

Postby SMoffett » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:43 am

I have been visiting these boards for almost 5 years, but this is my first post.

My sister was diagnosed with colon cancer 5 years ago in March. I wanted to read every piece of information about colon cancer I could find.
She didn't.
I had to respect her desire to not be bombarded with information or opinions or studies.

My sister died April 19, 2015.
I began to write about her 4 year journey with cancer so our family would remember those days. It's so easy to forget the details as time passes.
I didn't want to forget.

So many friends have asked me to share my story with them, so I have uploaded my story to Kindle on Amazon.
If anyone wishes to purchase it please send me a PM or an email for more information.

Our story is a story of faith...how God prepared me for my sister's cancer, how He carried us through the years of treatment and battle, and how He has comforted us since her death. I know that not everyone believes as we do. Please do not read it to condemn us or be disagreeable.
I say clearly...we are a family of deep faith, and that is pervasive in the book.
If my story can help encourage 1 person in their journey, that brings such healing as we move through the grief.

I'm so thankful for these boards and the people that openly share the good days and the bad days. You all have encouraged and helped me...without even know it!
tsmoffett@yahoo.com
Lost my sister to colon cancer 4/19/15
Stage IV battle for 4 years

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”