In June 2013, DBF wrote:... My OB/GYN, who is a high-risk doctor, and my surgeon are planning to do a joint C-section and colon resection surgery in four weeks...
In November 2015,DBF wrote:... Well, it turned out to be a closed loop small bowel obstruction...
What causes abdominal adhesions?
Abdominal surgery is the most frequent cause of abdominal adhesions. Almost everyone who undergoes abdominal surgery develops adhesions; however, the risk is greater after operations on the lower abdomen and pelvis, including bowel and gynecological surgeries. Adhesions can become larger and tighter as time passes, causing problems years after surgery.
Surgery-induced causes of abdominal adhesions include
• tissue incisions, especially those involving internal organs
• the handling of internal organsn
• the drying out of internal organs and tissues
• contact of internal tissues with foreign materials, such as gauze, surgical gloves, and stitches
• blood or blood clots that were not rinsed out during surgery
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests