What is your bucket list?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
jeanette57

What is your bucket list?

Postby jeanette57 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:23 pm

in the stage 4 discussion, I mentioned some of my bucket list. I got nosy and wondered what others are doing for their bucket list.

1) Local trip (2 hour drive one way) to see national cemetery to move my dad closer to my family. He is buried way far away. My girl friends drove and we made a great day of it. Had great time, good food and they treated me so well; I felt spoiled.

2) Trip Monday (whoohoo) to see the ocean. Girlfriend gave me her time share for 5 days. I had to get my brother (lots of begging) to drive with his wife - mother in law, me and my mother. First trip for them to San Diego. I aM paying all expenses, so they are happy.

3) NO -ONE will help me with this one but I will do it. :shock: I am an ostomy survivor and I want to go to a nudist camp - local- I want to prove to myself - that I am not ashamed of the sight of my bag, the smell or noisy it creates. George (my stoma) is famous. I tell the kids they named the prince of England after him. :lol:

4) foods - have always wanted a ---soft shelled crab sandwich- which is famous in boston. I have several foods I want to try.

5) sale - not sure if I am going to sale my motor cycle - last offer was 17,000 may just give to charity to auction it off. have to discuss with family next week.

so what have you done, :?: :?: what will you do :?: :?: :?:
T3 N0 M0 -1-4-12 to 3-2013- NOW stage 4 terminal
mets Lungs & bone - halo on head (not to many can see unicorn horn)
chemo for life or until I quit

Ashlee H.

Re: What is your bucket list?

Postby Ashlee H. » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:31 pm

I'm one of those that don't have a bucket list. Ten years prior to DX I was able to start traveling and seeing the places I dreamt about. My careers have been interesting, allowing me access to people and experiences I would have never imagined. I truly cannot think of one thing that I absolutely want to do before I die. Maybe that is one reason I am comfortable with my cancer status. I think I'm ready for the transition to Heaven. I've had a good life. I've been lucky. Now it is my great friends that keep me going and remind me that I am loved and valued. The simplest things bring a smile to my face these days.
Stage IV w/liver met dx 7-1-09
KRAS Mutant
Member of the HIPECKERS (2011) and OLYMPHIANS (2012)
2/14 - standard chemo has stopped working
3/14 - Stivarga
LIVE LIFE!

skypup

Postby skypup » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:01 pm

I want to get everything in great order so the people who have to take care of things when I am gone have almost nothing to do. I also want to write my obit and plan a memorial service, if I decide to have one. Is that weird?

I have gotten to do as much traveling as I am interested in, except that I want to rent a house by the beach one more time.

Then, just good times with those I love...

NWgirl
Facebook Username: Belle Piazza

Postby NWgirl » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:19 pm

For the most part, what Ashlee said. I have lived a charmed life. It hasn't all been easy, but I remember the good times and they have been endless. I have always had goals - always achieved them, always exceeded them - beyond my wildest dreams. One of my "dreams" was to be a Colondar Model - and it happened. I couldn't believe it. I still have a few odds and ends. I'd like to do a cruise to Alaska. I've never been on a cruise, and I would like to see Alaska.

My latest CEA test shows that my CEA has jumped from 19 to 70 - not good. A close friend of mine asked me what she could do to help. I told her "this". Simply "this" - what we've always done, continue to do - hang out, talk about our lives (cancer and otherwise), complain about our husbands and in-laws, BBQ together, have meals together, watch our kids play together, drink good wine together. THAT is what life's all about. The simple things. That's what matters most to me.

Jeanette - your bucket list is very reasonable. I love the nudist beach thing. :mrgreen: If you can't make a nudist beach, think outside the box. For awhile I attended a water aerobics class at the YMCA - and showered in the group showers - ostomy pouch and all. I didn't even try to hide it - I just didn't care. No one looked at me twice. I went to "Great Wolf Lodge" with my kids - a huge indoor water park - overweight - ostomy and all! I'm sure you could see my pouch through my swim suit if you really looked, but again - who cares. I had sooooo much fun with the kids going down the water slides. And if anyone noticed, no one showed it.

I think if your bucket list is short, it shows you've lived a good life. If it's long - it's never too late to start checking those items off. We should all have a bucket list - regardless of the circumstances, and always adding to and deleting from it.
Belle - "Don't Retreat - Reload"DX 10/07 Stage III Rectal
Surgery 11/07; 27 of 38 nodes
Perm Colostomy 8/11
12/10 recurrence lungs & LN's
VATS Jan 2011
Radiation Oct 2013
Chemo for Life
2012 Colondar Model

Rob in PA

Postby Rob in PA » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:57 pm

It may sound lame... but I wanted to watch an eagle flying in the wild. The Tim mcgraw song in which he sings about watching an eagle as it was flying was coincidence...but I got to see one last summer and it was awesome!
Rob
dx 11/07 crc IIIb @ 39
Xelox/Rad/ temp colostomy
LAR/J-pouch/ temp ileo
Folfox-8
Failed reversal
2/09 liver mets; liver resect/ileo reversal
Folfiri/Avastin - 12
2/11 5 lung mets
Folfiri/Avastin 2011
SBRT 3/12
Lung met 5/13/ said NO to more chemo
SBRT 8/13
2 lung mets 5/14, VATS 8/14, NED

Hall0731
Facebook Username: Teresa Hall

Postby Hall0731 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:43 pm

I want to take my daughter to disney world and enjoy what time I have with my children. It breaks my heart that this disease may rob me of their growing up.
Dx 7/12 stage 3
8/13 1 lung met & 5 liver mets
1/14 2 sided liver wedge resection
3/14 lung wedge resection
10/14 It's back. 1 liver lesion
2nd liver resect. 1/5/15 Clean
5/22/15 back again 5-10 lung mets

pollo65
Facebook Username: pollo2

Postby pollo65 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:09 pm

I have been blessed with a great job, great co -workers and working for a great agency that has given me an opportunity to travel and learn. I guess I would like to spend time in nature, mostly the coast. Other than that I want to have all my loans paid and everything in order. My biggest wish is that my dogs and cats have a good home (I 'm working on that) and that everyone who has been so good to me can be given at least a ljttle.
Pollo 65
CC 1/6/09
r. hemi-colectomy 1/7/09
32Ln biopsied, 28 positive
met to aorta
chemo 12 rounds
done 9/09 3 scans clear
1/11 1 met to aorta
micro cluster to peritoneum
4/11 / 9/11 scan clear
4/12 scan clear
10/12 scan clear
Iri+avastin
chemo break

debzak

Postby debzak » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:30 pm

of course there are many places I have not seen in this world that I woul love to visit. I would like to find some way to have a family vacation that my kids will remember.

What really want is to see my girls be closer and friendlier to each other. They are 11 and 15 and all they do is fight. I would also like to see both of them have a closer relationship with my husband. I want to know that they will go to him with their problems and feel comfortable that he will be able to handle what ever they bring to him. that is my biggest fear, he doesn't really deal well with challenging issues and tends to over react (like having my daughter's phone automatically shut off at 10 pm, but he didn't tell her he did this!).

I want to get all my things in order and meet with a financial planner so that I know my family is cared for when I am gone. I want to know my girls can go to whatever college they want.

What I really want is 7 more years, just enough to see my youngest graduate high school. but at this point, I don't know....

debbi
2/27/12 dx rectal cancer (stage III)
3/6/12 44th B-day
3/19/12 Oxi & 5-FU (8 rounds)
7/9/12 chemo-rad
11/5/12 LAR surgery temp ileo
1/20/13 4 rounds Xeloda
5/13 multiple liver mets
6/4/13 HAI pump at Sloan
KRAS wild & BRAF mutation found :(

Sandy1962

Postby Sandy1962 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:16 pm

The biggest bucket thing on my list is seeing my twins graduate from high school and go to college. Which is 2 years. Mine is a bucket list of time. My daughter is trying to have a baby, it would be my first grand baby. This summer my husband and twin boys went to Europe - Paris, Amsterdam, and a week long cruise to Norway. I think there are always places I would like to go and see - I have gone to Hawaii, Alaska, and Caribbean cruises, gone to the Grand Canyon, San Francisco, Yellow Stone, New York City, Yosemite, Grand Tetons, Banff, Glacier, Jasper (Canada).

I think about if I could just watch my boys graduate and my daughter have a baby - but then I'll want to see my boys graduate from college, my grandchild go to school - then if my boys get married - then if they have children. Does it ever end. I feel I have had a good life but I just don't want it to end! Too bad you can't buy time! I would give up my house money everything yo be here for my husband and family. :D

Sandy
4/11/2012-Colonoscopy-Adenocarcinoma
4/12/2012 CT Scan-1 Liver Met-Stage IV
4/17/2012 Port In -5FU & 5 Weeks Radiation
6/17/2012 Surgery - Removed Rectal,Liver Tumor, & Gallbladder
7/17/2012 CEA <0.5
12/16/2013 PET Clear CEA <0.5

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:48 pm

You probably all know right now I'm working on making it to see my granddaughter be born and, prayerfully, have some time with her.
I would love to up to going to the Western Slope in Colorado again. The majesty of those mountains is beyond description really. However, I've been and thanked God for it. I would also like to see our oldest son again before things go way south.
That's about it it. I've lived a very full life and have been to some wonderful places and met the most interesting people along the way. I've helped when I could and prayed even if that's all I could do. And, I've loved and been loved - really loved even when I didn't recognize it at first. Good life!
God bless ~
Guinevere
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
APR liver rsct, procto - Jul 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13
Exhausted treatment options - May 14

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Yea, me also I have had the most interesting life. I have traveled the world, did politics - got to talk to some of the greatest minds in the think tanks (as child).
just found a signed award from John Glenn. wow! I have had many honors,, been loved and hated then loved again. I have fought for and won women rights in small ways. I have taken great care of my parents and when the time was right, helped dad pass.

Tomorrow, the ocean. It is great to pull my brother away from all the stress he has and let him - wife and her mother enjoy a week of peace. I am also gong to enjoy the ocean, then corner them on details for me. Trust fund issues, etc. I tease them about the nudist camp but that is something I will have to do myself. I did pack a swimming suit. If I can will stick a foot or two in ocean, but not much else ---dam Jaws movie scared me for life! :shock:

I am off line except kindle - can't type on it (fat fingers) but can read a bit. :wink:

jeanette57

Postby jeanette57 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:27 pm

Rob in PA wrote:It may sound lame... but I wanted to watch an eagle flying in the wild. The Tim mcgraw song in which he sings about watching an eagle as it was flying was coincidence...but I got to see one last summer and it was awesome!
Rob

easy to do. contact local bird watching group. I googles eagles in PA- got lots of responses. They are wonderful, up close they are even better - I am the nasty neighborhood watcher for my wild hawks. I warn home owners not to cut the trees the have babies in and warn up and down street for small cats and dogs. I had parrots so was popular with lots of hawks who wanted to get inside my cages - never harmed one of my parrots. scared them a few time, but no harm. :) :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saw a bald eagle this morning on my way in to work.
It was sitting in a tree along the Little Juniata River, at the Tipton/Grazierville Exit off I-99.
Tipton, Blair County PA
-Jeff Schiefer
Feb. 28, 2013

Sharona
Facebook Username: Sharon Rauch

Postby Sharona » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Interesting question! First of all, I would like to be here for the birth of a grandchild in March, an tobeverycareful able to cuddle and spoil him/her for a while. It is so hard to get everyone together, but I would love to have another family vacation at Ft. Morgan beach with my hubs, five kids, four significant others, and all seven grandkids. The last trip was wonderful!
I am looking forward to an early morning kayaking in SC. So beautiful, so peaceful! Evening bike rides on th beach. The C world left behind.
I have a a very blessed life and, even though it may be morbid to some, I hope to have the final details on my memorial service completed.

:D
Dx CRC mets to lung, brain
Craniotomy 11/12
CyberKnife 12/12
colostomy
FOLFIRI, FOLFIRI, avastin, Zaltrap
Stivarga
Multiple brain mets.
WBR and pallative pelvic radiation
Hospice 1/21/15
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sharonrauch

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Postby Bev G » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:52 pm

My current bucket list:

I want to meet Gwen,our Mighty Queen Fighting the Beast
I want to meet Skypuppy
Then I want to hang out with both of them for weeks, laughing all the way---or bust!

(there are dozens of others here I want desperately to meet too, but these two are at the top of my list right at the moment) I have been so blessed to have met Belle, and Pat (Gaelen) and Kathryn. I had the delight of speaking with Rick and Bill and on the phone, and I've had the pleasure of speaking with Jaynee and Eric and Jean60 on the phone as well. I have met Steve (wonderful caretaker of his mom) and sort of adopted him, and I speak with Ashlee, my cancer twin and beloved friend several times a week generally. I am so glad so many of us are on Facebook, and get to "see" each other there, sort of out of "cancer world".

I've been very blessed to go just about everywhere in the world I would like to go. My son and daughter-in-law moved up their marriage by a couple of years because at the time it didn't look I would survive until the date they had planned. Showed them :lol: I've made it to see two grandchildren born. Yeah, I guess my bucket list is pretty empty.

I didn't desire a big new adventure in my bucket list, but my husband's cancer is providing that nonetheless. Never a dull moment. Scan to scan to scan to scan...for both of us. :mrgreen:
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

skypup

Postby skypup » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Bev G wrote:I want to meet Gwen,our Mighty Queen Fighting the Beast
I want to meet Skypuppy

Gwen wants to go to Colorado. Y'all know I love Colorado. Can we do it???
Last edited by skypup on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”