Finally got a date for surgery

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
LKGower

Finally got a date for surgery

Postby LKGower » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:56 am

Hi everyone, well I saw my liver surgeon today. The CT showed my liver is regenerating so the PVE procedure I had a few weeks back has been a success! :) now it's the waiting game! Surgery will be on the 26th of August. It's going be the longest 4 weeks of my life :/ I've already got bad anxiety from the fear of the cancer returning. Ive been off chemo since May and I know my oncologist wants me to do another 6 months after surgery. I wasn't aware until today when my surgeon said to me that they are stepping outside protocol to do this operation, because I initially had widespread disease that usually means patients don't benefit from surgery. So far I've been lucky that they've been able to remove it all (obviously except the liver). Funny thing is, he said this is a very high risk surgery since he'll be removing 70%+ of my liver, I'm not even worried about the complications I'm just scared about recurrence within the next 4 weeks because he made it clear if he finds disease outside the liver then he won't go ahead with the surgery but so far all my scans have come back clear. I just need to stay positive! How unlucky can one be?! :/ lisa

O Stoma Mia

Re: Finally got a date for surgery

Postby O Stoma Mia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:29 am

LKGower wrote:Hi everyone, well I saw my liver surgeon today... Surgery will be on the 26th of August. It's going be the longest 4 weeks of my life...

Hi Lisa - Is your liver surgery still on for the 26th? We'll be thinking about you and trusting that the surgeon will make the right decisions in this difficult operation. Check back with the Forum when you get a chance. Take care.

Rheaeliza

Postby Rheaeliza » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:02 pm

My HIPEC surgery is the same day!

I'll send good thoughts your way!!!
12/7/12: 30 yrs. old, Dx stage 4b.mets to liver, ovary, nodes, ommentum.
7 months chemo, shrinkage!
8/26/13 HIPEC, colon resection,hysterectomy, appndx, gallbladder out.
9/12/13:leak in colon, temp. loop ileost, home 9/18
11/3/13: liver resect.
1/2014 Ostomy reversal, one week later, abcess surg., fistula, tpn.
No more chemo, NED since 11/13

SMR

Postby SMR » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Best wishes to both of you
DH DX 10/11 st IV unkown prmry
FFOX 12/11
HIPEC 3/12
FFOX 5/12
7/12 FFIRI
12/12 xeloda
1/13 resection