Who are the longest stage 4 survivor's on here?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
cptmac
Facebook Username: Dorothy McGrath

Re: Who are the longest stage 4 survivor's on here?

Postby cptmac » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:09 pm

mariane wrote:So happy to see all the amazing stories!
I am reaching 8 years myself.
Thank you cptmac whom I probably own my life. I found her post on a forum and pursued her line of treatment. Thank you Cynthia! You encouraged me at the beginning of this road. I followed you to MSKCC where Dr Kemeny took a good care of me.
I have been doing well. Since 2021 I go once a year for checkups. My HAI pump got removed in the middle of Covid 2 years ago. My twins are 14 this spring and going to high school soon.
All the best!

Woo Hoo!!! Thank you so much for the update and for sharing YOUR amazing story. It gives people sooo much hope!!!
cptmac
As long as you're alive, there is hope.
dx 7/04 stage IV
colon resection 8/04
liver resection 9/04 with HAI pump installed
Stage II trial w irinotecan as systemic and FUDR for direct chemo to liver via HAI pump
Cured since 9/04

annalexandria

Re: Who are the longest stage 4 survivor's on here?

Postby annalexandria » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:29 pm

Haven't been here for years but thought I'd pop in to post an update to this thread.

I no longer see an oncologist and haven't had any treatment since Dec. 2011.

My cancer was extensive but luckily never got into major organs such as the liver or lungs.

My survival was down to some great surgeons, careful use of PET scans, and possibly a dash of Tagamet for the final surgery. Also a big dose of sheer luck.

My particular tumor type, a carcinosarcoma, has a 0% survival rate for stage 4 folks at 5 years, so if I can make it, anyone should feel they have a decent chance of survival.

Take care all.
Mom, librarian
Dx age 43, Sept. '09, Stage IV Carcinosarcoma of the colon
5 surgeries, 2009-2011:
colon/sm. bowel res., node removal, peritoneum, hysterectomy
FOLFOX/Avastin Feb.'10-Aug '10
Carbo-Taxol Dec. '10-Feb. 2011
NED since Dec. 2011.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”