Great News but Have a Question.... xeloda

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
cinnamongirl56

Great News but Have a Question.... xeloda

Postby cinnamongirl56 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Today I went in for what I thought was going to be my last chemo treatment but I missed calculated so I still have one more to go in two weeks. Anyway my Dr. told me everything looked and responded great an he was sure that after my last chemo treatment I would be done and that they would do rescans in about 4 weeks and he how they looks but he expects them to be clear. My liver spot when removed did not get a clear margin on one side but the surgeon was extremely confident he had got it al and that was when I started my next 7 tx of oxy,5fu, leovorin (?) but due to my worsening neuropathy they stopped the oxy 2 treatments back, anyway my Dr has suggested that is will be my decision to make but that some people go on Xeloda as a maintenance if I want to, but he could not help me as to why just that it is a protocol they offer to someone going off chemo with little data about it. He also suggested that I get a second opinion with my other oncologist at Johns Hopkins which I will be doing.
What I am hoping is that someone out there has a thought about doing this or not. Right now i feel happy not doing anymore chemo after the 7/21......and just keep up with scans and blood work, but don't want to take a chance that if i don't do the xeloda I cause a re-occurence. can someone give me their thought's on this...............thank you all.
RC. 4/10 .. 54 yrs old
9/10 surgery
11/10 liver met
12/10 4 tx Avastan/5Fu scan
2/1/11 CT Scan liver met shrunk
3/4/11 Liver resect-lung spot
7/11 finished chemo scan 8/25
8/11 NED

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”