Second Folfox and appointment with Oncologist. No so bad.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
raym

Second Folfox and appointment with Oncologist. No so bad.

Postby raym » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Sooo... made it through my second FOLFOX today (first day). It was not too bad, though I did experience some cold sensitivity later. I had purchased a cooked lobster from Wegman's yesterday and needed a snack. Holding onto the cold claws, I got that pins and needles shock, owie! That was my first experience at the cold sensitivity thing.

Oncologist visit was not too long. He said things are going well. I had a Lung CT scan several weeks ago. I never called, figuring that if there was something wrong I would hear. The radiology report had mention of a few small spots but nothing of concern at this point. I think I get another CT scan in 6 months. CEA was 10.6 before surgery and 7 something shortly after surgery (I think) and then 5.6, 2 weeks ago. I asked the doctor if 5.6 was a concern and he said no, not at this point. He showed me a CEA trend from another patient (no names) and it was similar to mine at the start and then went up to 13ish during chemo and then eventually down to 3 something after chemo. I did search around on the board regarding other people's CEA experience and realize it varies greatly person to person. I also realize it's early in the game, but starting out from a not so bad place works for me.
3/11 IIIC +/FOLFOX
4/12 HIPEC
6/12 Chmo/Rad
9/12 XELIRI+Avast/Zltra
9/13 Plvic Absc,stpd chemo
11/13 Tumr rmvd frm Lap Port incis
12/13 Xeloda
1/14 Cardiac Issue no Xeloda/5FU
3/14 Irinotecan
6/14 Stopped chemo
8/14 Clin Trial
9/14 Infectn - Stpd Trial