Please sign petition--Pico-Salax approval-USA

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
smoothielover

Please sign petition--Pico-Salax approval-USA

Postby smoothielover » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:33 am

If you do a search here and on other colorectal support forums, you will find many discussions about Pico-Salax and its lack of approval for sale in the USA. [example] If you want to know the background, check out the blurb I wrote on this petition.

I've tried, unsuccessfully, to find out the status. Has the manufacturer applied for approval? Who knows, but I for one am sick of waiting. The only choice is preps that, quite frankly, are inhumane--or get some Pico-Salax from across the border....which means what? I have to smuggle some over-the-counter medication from Canada and then lie to my dr. about what I took? Insane.

I have written to the manufacturer and didn't get a response. Now I'm going to stir things up a bit. I've started an online petition. Maybe if I get 1000s of signatures, together we can press for action. (If you're about to be a naysayer, let me tell ya, I've been successful with this tool for other issues. But I need lots of signatures.)

The petition is set to expire at the end of Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month (March 2012). In April I will deliver the signatures to the FDA and the manufacturer.

Yes, you can hide your name so no one else sees you signed it.

Here's the link: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/pico-salax/

**Important--Please insert your own comments when signing. It can be really short, but it sounds a lot more genuine and has a lot more impact when it's your own words!**

Please help! Ways you can help:

1. Sign it yourself.

2. Click "like" and it will show up on your Facebook page.

3. Ask everyone you know to sign it too.

4. Post a link on forums or wherever you think someone might be willing to sign it. It does not just have to be survivors--it could be Chron's disease people, anyone at all.

5. If you have a blog, post the widget. Here's the code:
<script type="text/JavaScript">var Care2P_Parameters=["http://www.thepetitionsite.com/xml/petitions/865/590/769/feed.rss",

6. Tweet it.

7. Anything else you can think of!!

MY COLON THANKS YOU!! :mrgreen:

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”