scheduled colonoscopy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
bonaireblues

scheduled colonoscopy

Postby bonaireblues » Mon May 02, 2011 8:42 am

Hi all,

Well, I have scheduled my colonoscopy. Making the appointment made me nauseous :D

So, here's what really on my mind. As I've told you, I have been severely traumatized by the death of my husband from lung cancer a few years ago.
In my mind, I fluctuate between my situation being a UC flare and having Stage 4 colon cancer. All of this happens in my mind within a period of 10 minutes.

Anyway, the reality of the eventuallity of death does not bother me so much. I know we're all going to do it, we just don't know when. I just don't want to do it any time soon :) My husbands cancer was diagnosed very late, and he also had severe breathing issues. He was diagnosed in March 2008 and he died July 2, 2008. He had a couple of chemo treatments. It was very quick. I never had a chance to observe or understand what living with Cancer is like. I believe that if I could know that a good quality of life is possible while living with Cancer I would not be as fearful as I am. So, I am interested in knowing what your quality of life if like. Do you continue to do the things you have always done? Do you feel well enough to do them most of the time?

Thanks everyone. I'll look forward to your responses.

Gail

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”