Finally!! My colonoscopy is scheduled!!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
DeeDee62

Finally!! My colonoscopy is scheduled!!

Postby DeeDee62 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:11 pm

I had my follow up with the doctor on Monday to check to see how well my fissure has healed. The doctor was very pleased with my progress and I can now go from using the Nifedipine cream 3 times a day to twice a day. I need to continue it because it isn't completely healed yet. My scope is scheduled for April 11th. I will be doing a Miralax prep. A LOT different than the Golytly! The night before (3pm), I take 2 Dulcolax tablets with a glass of water. At 4pm in a separate container, I mix the entire contents of a 238g botle of Miralax in 64oz of Gatorade (no red or purple). The start drinking it at 5pm until all of it is gone. 8 oz every 15 mins (approx) taking a break if need be. At 8pm, I take 2 Dulcolax tablets with water, and at bedtime, take 2 Phazyme tablets.

On the day of the scope, I have to drink 6-8 glasses of clear juice or liquids before the scope and take 2 more Phazyme tablets 2-3 hours prior. He gave me Reglan to take for nausea, just in case.

Any suggestions for a flavor of Gatorade that might be easier on me? I am eager to get this over with so that I can find out what is going on and put my mind at ease (I hope). I plan to tone down my diet more than 2 days out and go to clear fluids 2 days prior.

He has me continuing with the stool softeners & Metamucil and he also gave me Align probiotics to take. Will I ever "straighten" out enough that I won't have to take the softeners & Metamucil? Right now, I am afraid to stop them, and will need to - 2 days prior to the scope. Hoping I won't get constipated. :roll: I am also hoping that my fissure will heal by then and not give me any problems. That was beyond painful to deal with.

Dee

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”