beccab1 wrote:I am going to go back through some of the older posts but if anyone has any advice regarding surgery, ostomy, etc... I would appreciate it!Thanks!
You will get lots of great info combing the archives for sure.
My patient's quicklist would be :
- try to keep a sense of humor (or at least the absurd !) and make friends with the nurses !
- listen to your body, don't tough it out...TAKE THE MEDS and ask for them before you NEED them !
- get moving, walking as soon as you can...gently.
- ask around and take names and numbers for the BEST ostomy nurse you can find...trust me !
- keep in touch here, 'cos we all care and have all been "there"
Cheers and best wishes for a smooth surgery and recovery
In Harmony on the journey