still lost and confused.......

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
kathryn farpella

still lost and confused.......

Postby kathryn farpella » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:36 am

:shock:
My husband was 41 and was told he had diverticulitis then crouns, then colon cancer. He wen't almost a month started bloating and burst into his body. Was in a hospital four day and our doctor feed him. He exploded into his own body and wasn't suppost to live, he did a a nurse gave him to much demeral. he died thirteen days after they took 18 inches of bowel and two liters of puss. Should I be upset? The doctor say they couldn't determine what he had. I didn't go to collage but I trusted them for a whole month, first visit to ER roor was Jan.1,04. He was finally admitted on the 28th,was feed on the 30th and started exploding into his body. So toxic not expected to make it though a surgery, did and was to toxic to do chemo but a nurse overdosed him and he was brain dead. Is it o.k. for alot of doctors to miss treat him a whole month and say it's normal?
The radioaligist found a tumor on the 18th , ten days before he was hospitalized. We didn't find out until the 4th of the next month. I'm very mad and so confused... Our daughter had her dad in a locket on her wrist in June because he couldn't walk her down the ailie on her wedding day. Someone please help me to understand how doctors can say this and that and it is colon cancer and death. Not diverticulitis or crouns??? :x

Sweet Peg

So Sorry

Postby Sweet Peg » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:10 am

I am so very sorry for your loss Kathryn. I really don't know how to answer your question "why" about the doctors. I wish they had done a Colonoscopy and found things before it was too late. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. If I could give you a BIG HUG through this computer, I sure would as well. I can't even imagine the hurt and emptiness you are feeling, but I will be praying for the healing of the hurt, anger, and emptiness in your heart and soul.

Peg HUGS

Jennifer Blaire

I am sorry

Postby Jennifer Blaire » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:42 am

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband, and we never really have an answer why. If you have viewed the colondar, you will notice that the majority of us had been misdiagnosed for months and even years. My doctor told me I had hemorroids, and others had been told similar things that you and yor husband were told. But, colon cancer is a terriby sneaky disease and doctor's usually just don't think that is what is wrong. Did your husband have a colonscopy? That would have been the only way to diagnose him early. But even then doctor's don't expect colon cancer in younger people so it gets overlooked. We need to get together and let those doctors know young people do get it, and to never rule it out. I was 21 at diagnosis, and am very lucky to have gotten a colonscopy and diagnosed, because they would never think of young people as vunerable to this silent diease. Again I am sorry for what happened, the nurse probably had your husband's comfort in mind when giving the demerol, he was probably grateful for the pain relief, and it is quite unforunate that it was too much. But, instead of being angry, you should channel your pain into something positive. Join our fight against this disease. Join us intrying to educate docotr's on the rise in youths with colorectal cancer. And don't ask why, it only makes it harder. Sorry again. :(

good2smile

Keep this and Tuck it in your heart

Postby good2smile » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:54 pm

Dancing With God

When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept
seeing "dance" at the end of the word. I remember
reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.

When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.
The movement doesn't flow with the music, and
everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky. When one person realizes
that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to
flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps
with a nudge to the back or by pressing Lightly in
one direction or another. It's as if two become one
body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness,
and attentiveness from one person and gentle
guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.

When I saw "G: I thought of God, followed by "u"
and "i". "God, "u" and "i" dance."

God, you, and I dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that
I would get guidance about my life. Once
again, I became willing to let God lead.

My prayer for you today is that God's blessings
and mercies be upon you on this day and everyday.
May you abide in God as God abides in you. Dance
together with God, trusting God to lead and to guide
you through each season of your life. This prayer is
powerful and there is nothing attached.

If God has done anything for you in your life,
please share this message with someone else, for
prayer is one of the best gifts we can receive.
There is no cost but lots of rewards; so let's
continue to pray for one another.
And I Hope You Dance!!!!!!!! (alot!!)
"Two things I'm learning while Dancing with the Lord......Let him lead, and don't step on HIS toes!"

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”