Sketchy Cat Scan

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Scaredy Cat

Sketchy Cat Scan

Postby Scaredy Cat » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:40 pm

I am 30 years old and diagnosed as stage 3C colon cancer. I completed 12 rounds of Fulfox in November. I had my first Cat Scan after treatment last week and met with my Oncologist today. My Cat Scan shows areas all over my body that my doctor is concerned about. In particular, my liver, my lungs, my ovaries, lymph nodes in my neck and lymph nodes in my back. As you can imagine, I am freaking out. My Oncologist told me these areas may or may not be cancer. If it is cancer, the amount is so small that a biopsy can not be performed. I am scheduled for a PET Scan next week and will discuss the results with my doctor the following Tuesday.

I am looking for some hope here. Has anyone received questionable CAT Scans that turned out ok? Or do you think I'm doomed?

This Sucks!

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:54 pm

Same thing happened to me, but biopsies performed have shown no cancer thus far. I was Dx at 30, stage IIA. It may possibly be inflammation. Stay positive and get second and third opinions. Make sure that you are going to a good hospital too! Think positive thoughts, that your body is healing. Best of health to you in this new year.

missjv

Postby missjv » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:45 pm

hi,
the only way to tell for sure if the areas are cancer is a biopsy. and if the areas are as small as you say pet scan may not light them up. if i were you i would be at a large cancer center with good scanning machines. there are cat scans that now do angiograms that alot of places don't have up to date equipment which is crucial in diagnosis and ruling out cancer. you need to get another opinion especially with the amount of areas in your body that are being questioned.

missjv

Scaredy Cat

CAT vs PET

Postby Scaredy Cat » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:14 pm

Hi MissJV,

I'm getting treated at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in New York City. I'm pretty sure they are advanced when it comes to screening. Thanks for the heads up about the PET Scan possibly not picking up the same spots that appeared on the CAT Scan. I will definitely bring this up with my Oncologist and I am looking into a second opinion.

I will update this post with the results.

Thanks!

Scaredy Cat

CAT vs PET

Postby Scaredy Cat » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:15 pm

Hi MissJV,

I'm getting treated at Memorial Sloan-Kettering in New York City. I'm pretty sure they are advanced when it comes to screening. Thanks for the heads up about the PET Scan possibly not picking up the same spots that appeared on the CAT Scan. I will definitely bring this up with my Oncologist and I am looking into a second opinion.

I will update this post with the results.

Thanks!

eitter

To Scaredy Cat

Postby eitter » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:32 am

Who is your oncologist at MSK? I went there in November for a second opinion and saw Deborah Schrag, do you know here?
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

missjv

Postby missjv » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:58 am

hi,
hey scaredy i go to msk as well i see dr kemeny. just had liver resection back in december. you are in the right place for sure they know what they are doing. good luck!

missjv

Scaredy Cat

Postby Scaredy Cat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:40 am

I also see Dr. Schrag and love her but I'm still scared sh#$less!

In addition, I was accepted at the Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California. I started planning my new life after cancer prior to the CAT Scan results. I still want to move from NYC to Cali but will have to change doctors and hospitals. I'm nervous about that, too.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”