The Greatest Gift: Life

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Holly

The Greatest Gift: Life

Postby Holly » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:13 pm

Though I had visions of sun and fun by the beach for my birthday, the condo was unavailable and I likely would not have made it out of town due to the fact that God is raging over Denver.

Despite such, it was a beautiful day and I thank many of you for your birthday wishes! I enjoyed a peaceful day with my fam and enjoyed many wonderful gifts. A little Chanel and jewelry! Thank you, mummy!

Though I know that Moll discourages any plugs on this site, I must in the spirit mention one. Mary Jo, a designer from NYC, is a friend of the family and designed two gorgeous peices of jewelry for me and a necklace for a special friend of mine, who received as a gift for the holidays. Her website is www.miracleicons.com.

I wear my St. Peregrine medals religiously. You may have even seen a couple 'celebs' sporting her art. She designed a necklace for Matthew McConaughey for the film "Failure to Launch." Too, she designed a bracelet for Oprah which was worn for the O magazine cover (I recieved the O bracelet for my birthday). I believe that Lance Armstrong wears her St. Peregrine. I would encourage each of you to visit the website and you will better understand why I love Mary Jo. Her nephew was recently dx with leukemia and is a champion. Mary Jo you rock and you in your wonderful way have reaffirmed my faith in the power of the human spirit. ALL things are truly possible!

It has been a fabulous 30ish birthday and I look forward to 2007.

Always,

Holly
Last edited by Holly on Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:24 pm

So glad you had a wonderful b'day Holly you old woman you!! LOL I will look up the site for sure. I am sure you will get to go to the condo soon. That snow won't be around forever, thank heavens!!

Have a relaxing, enjoyable New Years my dear friend!! I for one, will be beached out reading or watching some TV and relaxing! Talk soon!!

BIG HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSS for you and little one

Peg

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:19 pm

edited hpr. 1/11/07
Last edited by Holly on Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:55 pm

Happy B'day Holly.

Thank you for being you!

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:03 pm

Happy Birthday, Holly. Could you please direct that snow on back to SLC? It seemed to have mostly missed us and I hankerin' for some fresh pow!

margotmagoo

Postby margotmagoo » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:30 pm

Happy Birthday, Holly! Wishing you a 30-something year filled with healthy days!
Margot
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....but rather by the number of moments that take our breath away"
Diagnosed January 2006 with stage IIIc at age 40.

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:49 pm

Thank you to each of you for your birthday wishes. Life, about your request for snow...I am all out of pixie dust. Though, I will pray that your 'hankerin' is satisfied.

Holly

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:17 am

Gee Holly, you must have quite a connection with the big guy. I skied in a foot of beautiful fresh fluff today. It was just what the doctor ordered. I've been in a horrible funk for a couple weeks - even had a crying spell or two on the mountain today. It was way cold and a bit hard to stay out - especially with the side effects of Oxaliplatin still on board. But this evening I feel better than I have in weeks. My hubby says I'm solar powered. I believe the fresh air and exercise did wonders for my phyche!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”