Fleet phospho soda survey

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
janb

Fleet phospho soda survey

Postby janb » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:08 pm

OK - my niece (19) is going in next month for a colonoscopy. I told her I'd conduct a survey of the best "stuff" to mix it with. Please give me your "recipe" for the best way to down this stuff. I'll pass them on to her and she can make the decision. Yummmm........ :cry:
Thanks,
Jan
Together....we can make a difference!
www.whereintheworldisgregkelley.com

eitter

Re:Fleet phospho soda survey

Postby eitter » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:08 pm

Have them try it with Sprite. Fleets soda has a lemon taste like Sprite does and it masks the taste.

Good luck to them!

Liz
Tempe, Arizona
www.runlizrun.com

Dave

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:35 pm

My doc said Ginger-Ale....... I liked Ginger-Ale...... I dont like Ginger-Ale anymore!!! If you want to keep drinking something afterwards, you might want to have her try something just a little different then something she now likes. I hope that makes sence.

Good luck!
Dave

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:13 pm

I used grapefruit juice. Never was a big fan of the stuff. Still not. I don't remember it being horrible though. It was Christmastime last year. We were decorating our Christmas tree with our kids - ages three and two. I took lots of potty breaks, it was miserable. Funny thing, I dreaded decorating the tree this year. I think it's a guild-by-association thing.

janb

Postby janb » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:21 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'll pass them on...I've done ginger ale the past 3 times and hated it. I dread that miserable day of drinking that stuff. I think I'll tell her to spike it!
Together....we can make a difference!
www.whereintheworldisgregkelley.com

Terry Miller

Drink it straight!

Postby Terry Miller » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:29 am

Hi Jan,
I pour it out in a shot glass...an ounce and a half doesn't seem all that bad. I usually throw it down with one big gulp....gag......and then swallow 8 ounces of water. Then I go with ginger ale or seven up for the rest of the evening. When the time comes for the second dose.....I repeat the procedure after talking to myself to just get 'er done! My first colonoscopy was just the Go-Litely routine. That was truly awful. Then I had to repeat it two weeks later as a prep for my colon surgery. All things considered, it's a small price that we need to pay for piece of mind and in my case, to save my life. I wish your niece well.
Take care,
Terry

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”