Bleeding after clean CT And colonoscopy

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Mtipte2
Facebook Username: Mario Tipte

Bleeding after clean CT And colonoscopy

Postby Mtipte2 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Hi everyone!

I had another account, but just forgot the password. My mum had rectal cancer 3 years ago (stage 3b) and last November clear CT tórax and pelvis. The same with colonoscopy (all clear) and CEA just 2,5. Now she has been bleeding when peeing ( she had her rectum resected- total colectomy). I took her to the general urologist and she said she had some fungus and probably bladder problems (was not bleeding last week, but peeing many times a day). Now last Saturday she started peeing with some blood and a bit black as my sister noticed. That’s why I took her to a local clinic ginecologist- she looked into her vagina and said there was blood and like a mass, she thinks it’s a met and told me to take her to an onco ginecologíst ASAP and I booked an appointment for this Monday as we have Christmas stuff and covid etc this week. Have you ever experienced that bleeding? That is strange as the scans and cea are ok and check-ups were taken a few weeks ago. I’m shocked, but she has no other symptoms just a bit tired and itchy. Any help? She is 65, just need some peace of mind?

Green Tea

Re: Bleeding after clean CT And colonoscopy

Postby Green Tea » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:30 am

Mtipte2 wrote:Hi everyone!

I had another account, but just forgot the password. My mum had rectal cancer 3 years ago (stage 3b) and last November clear CT tórax and pelvis. The same with colonoscopy (all clear) and CEA just 2,5. Now she has been bleeding when peeing ( she had her rectum resected- total colectomy). I took her to the general urologist and she said she had some fungus and probably bladder problems (was not bleeding last week, but peeing many times a day). Now last Saturday she started peeing with some blood and a bit black as my sister noticed. That’s why I took her to a local clinic ginecologist- she looked into her vagina and said there was blood and like a mass, she thinks it’s a met and told me to take her to an onco ginecologíst ASAP and I booked an appointment for this Monday as we have Christmas stuff and covid etc this week. Have you ever experienced that bleeding? That is strange as the scans and cea are ok and check-ups were taken a few weeks ago. I’m shocked, but she has no other symptoms just a bit tired and itchy. Any help? She is 65, just need some peace of mind?

Hi Mario -

I'm sorry to hear about your mum's recent problems.

For your information, and for the benefit of other viewers, here is a link to the 80 posts in your earlier account, and your earlier signature:

https://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/search.php?author_id=104792&sr=posts

SIGNATURE as of 2017:
      Dear Mum 60 y/o
      dx 09/16 RC III CEA 9
      Chemo/rad 28 from 10/16 till 12/16
      Xeloda
      multiple lymph nodes
      Adenocarcinoma low grade invasive
      Now 2000 mg Xeloda for 2 weeks as maint. before surg.
      24/01/17 CEA 4,9
      APR surgery permanent colostomy 24/03/17
      3/26 nodes involved -LVI - clean margins
      Staged after surgery: T3N1Mx
      Infection due to bladder problems. Slow recovery.
      CEA 1.7
      Adj. Chemo Xelox 6 rounds 29/04/17
      After round 3 CT Scans Clear 15/07

God is faithful. Only Jesus.

Mtipte2

Postby Mtipte2 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:49 pm

Thanks. Any advice?

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:02 pm

I was about to ask if your mum had radiation, then I saw that Green Tea had found your old signature line & answered my question. Thank you Green Tea. Has any doctor ever talked about radiation damage in her vagina?

Fall of 2019, I started to see a few drops of blood in my underwear. Went to my primary doctor, yep there was blood in my urine, I'm thinking bladder cancer, & I was sent to a Urologist. At some point in all my tests to determine if there was bladder cancer, I saw my GYN & told her my current situation. I have some serious radiation damage inside my vagina. She concluded follow up with Urologist, butt if they find your bladder to be fine & nothing else is found, the blood is probably coming from your vagina. Bladder was fine, actually healthy. Blood went away after a few months. Yep coming from my vagina.

Hope it is nothing serious for your mum.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:35 pm

I'm so very sorry that your Mon is dealing with bleeding and I hope she will be able to see her oncologist soon.*hugs*
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Mtipte2

Postby Mtipte2 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Lee wrote:I was about to ask if your mum had radiation, then I saw that Green Tea had found your old signature line & answered my question. Thank you Green Tea. Has any doctor ever talked about radiation damage in her vagina?

Fall of 2019, I started to see a few drops of blood in my underwear. Went to my primary doctor, yep there was blood in my urine, I'm thinking bladder cancer, & I was sent to a Urologist. At some point in all my tests to determine if there was bladder cancer, I saw my GYN & told her my current situation. I have some serious radiation damage inside my vagina. She concluded follow up with Urologist, butt if they find your bladder to be fine & nothing else is found, the blood is probably coming from your vagina. Bladder was fine, actually healthy. Blood went away after a few months. Yep coming from my vagina.

Hope it is nothing serious for your mum.

Lee

Thanks Lee. You are the one I try to find here as your diagnosis is very similar to my mum’s. Now heading to the onco GYN. Bleeding has stopped but she needs to get examined properly.

God bless you ;)

Mtipte2

Postby Mtipte2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:56 am

Update:

Clean MRI thanks God, no recurrence but vagina has damage fue to radiotherapy and lack of hormones. Now they have also found that she has diabetes so that’s why glucose in urine generated fungus and infections. Being treated now and feels much better. Bleeding has stopped. Thanks for your support.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”