No more CC Yipee

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
macpudd

Re: No more CC Yipee

Postby macpudd » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi Stu, enjoy the heat it warm here today. Sat and some of Sun did not go so well, it seems on and off i was becoming a bit confused and couldnoot follow conversations and had bad headache. A+E think it part of the brain cancer and i am back on Tylex painkiller and did not have to go into hospital :D .felt a bit better today but stayed in bed a good while. Not able for the stairs now so using downstars bedroom now. Great weather for going in your kayak i never did it was always rooting at or on motorbikes.
Macpudd
Dx 10/13/2014 right hemicolectomy 10/15/2014 pT4b N0 M0
Folfox x12 from Dec 2014 to July 2015
01/16/18 tonic seizure hospital admission
01/17/18 ct and mri 2cm tumor on left side of brain
commenced anti epileptic and steroids and
insulin.
01/25/18 brain craniotomy 80% of tumour removed pathology says gbm4
6 weeks of rad and Temodar chemo and then 6 monthly cycles of Temodar
MRI in Oct no tumor
Mri Jan 2019 tumour growth Feb Pet scan tumour 6cm, no surgery, starting Avastin also Lomustine

stu

Postby stu » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi ,

You rest when you need to . So glad they have sorted your pain meds . That sounds very uncomfortable indeed .

It must have given you a fright .

I have just taken my 77 year old mum out on a kayak . However my friend said his dad turned ninety. His ambition was to get out on a motorbike again . His son took him out on his and they hit the motorway . More your sort of thing I thought ! Ha .

Hope your ok today .

Take care ,
Stu

Ps I will try and pop a wee photo on .
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

macpudd

Postby macpudd » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:53 am

Thanks Stu, hope your Mam enjoyed the kayak. Would love to go on bikes again but just dont have the strength anymoe. Have bike friends and we tried it last year but not safe for me or them, and i never liked sidecars. Am not sad as such about what i cant do as time goes by as i understand what develos with this cancer. The onc and nurses and pallitative team are great at telling us whats developing like how i become mòre confused, tired, hearing going and eyesight. New twiling cushion and handle for helping me get out of the car arrived yesterday, it helps. Sleeping in downstair bedroom now too so les tired that trying to go up stairs. Anyway how is the uk geting heat records and we are not i am goint to blame Brexit and Boris and not that we are further out in sea :D
Macpudd
Dx 10/13/2014 right hemicolectomy 10/15/2014 pT4b N0 M0
Folfox x12 from Dec 2014 to July 2015
01/16/18 tonic seizure hospital admission
01/17/18 ct and mri 2cm tumor on left side of brain
commenced anti epileptic and steroids and
insulin.
01/25/18 brain craniotomy 80% of tumour removed pathology says gbm4
6 weeks of rad and Temodar chemo and then 6 monthly cycles of Temodar
MRI in Oct no tumor
Mri Jan 2019 tumour growth Feb Pet scan tumour 6cm, no surgery, starting Avastin also Lomustine

stu

Postby stu » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:20 am

Ha. My kids think Brexit is used as frequently as the menopause !!! But there has to be a fall guy !!
If you look at the weather maps and see the wee corner of Britain glowing in the sun ! That’s where I have been for the last two weeks . Feel as though I am in the Med !! So unusual for us but if I could I would send a wee bit across to you .

I was watching a program about an extreme swimmer from N Z . She came to Troon beach and swam from there across the channel to Belfast as part of her endurance training . She ended up in intensive care and said it was the worse waters she has endured for the cold . I felt a little guilty as I frequently shoved my kids in there when they were little minus a wet suit .But I gave them one for the colder waters .
Think we are maybe just a hardy bunch !!

The swivel pads are so much easier getting in and out the car ! I used to give them out as part of my work and it made such a difference . I got my mum and dad a bath lift . It’s supper but they are having a wee rebellious period and I found it in the sitting room behind the sofa . My dad has fainting episodes so really needs to use it .
A downstairs bedroom is such a bonus . The stairs can be so exhausting and you want to save your energy for better activities . It sounds as though your clinical team are very supportive at explaining everything.
Hope you are getting some of the sunshine over . Take special care and I hope you have a great day ,
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”