This SUCKS, and we haven’t even begun to fight

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
SilverWedding
Facebook Username: Cynthia Harding Marshall

Re: This SUCKS, and we haven’t even begun to fight

Postby SilverWedding » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:37 pm

Thank you, EVERYONE. I haven’t figured out how to reply to each comment. I’d like to think I’m a pretty smart person, but even this little thing of figuring out how to quote a tiny piece and reply reminds me I’m not all that.

YOU ARE SERIOUSLY WARRIORS.

I’m up and down. Full of dreadful thoughts and full of hope. I saw myself in the mirror today and envisioned something horrible. Then i found myself emerging from some place with obnoxious paraphernalia announcing my hubby is can we free. The emotions whirl.

But YOU. You all are warriors on my team, and i don’t even know you.

THANK YOU.

And i have to say too. But GOD. We are finding goodness in the valley. And i am also reminded to think more of what is true, lovely, pure, admirable, and altogether excellent. I see that in you all taking time to encourage me when faced with even more yourselves.

Thank you again.
DH, 56, Sigmoid & rectum
Adenocarcinoma 2cm
 G2: Moderately differentiated
T3N2aM0
Stage IIIb
LN 6/22
5/19 Baseline CEA value - 18.9
Lymphovascular invasion (LVI): present
Perineural invasion (PNI): not identified
Surgical margins: proximal -negative; distal - negative 1.5cm; circumferential - negative 1mm)
MSI status: Waiting‬
Lynch status: ?
KRAS/BRAF: ?
Open Restorative Proctectomy, J-Pouch Coloanal Anastomosis, Loop Ileo w/Appendectomy
Neo-adjuvant Xeloda/radiation
Adjuvant Chemo: to begin 11/19

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:58 pm

We have ALL walked in your shoes, whether we are the cancer victims or the caregivers. We have ALL walked in your shoes. We really do get it what you are going through. Know that you are NEVER alone here. We have all been there or going through it right now.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Green Tea

O/T: How to reply to multiple comments

Postby Green Tea » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 pm

SilverWedding wrote:.. I haven’t figured out how to reply to each comment...

If you are interested in knowing how to reply to comments, you can ask for help, and someone here can explain the system to you. So far, you haven't asked for any help.

There are no FAQs in the FAQ library to cover this particular topic, so you have to figure it out on your own, or you have to ask somebody who already knows how to do it. There are many people here who have learned how to do it, and some members even know how to reply to segments of multiple messages from different members all at the same time, and all within a single post.

The rules for doing it are slightly different depending on whether you are using a computer with a mouse, or using a mobile device (smartphone, tablet) with a touch screen.

You are not the first person who has wondered about this sort of thing. There have been others in the past. For example, member Scilla:

https://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58291&p=459073#p459073

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:49 pm

The quick and dirty version is :

In the post you wish to "quote", click the quotation marks inside the box in the upper right of the post.
That will bring up a text reply box containing that person's posted text with the special quote codes at each end

Code: Select all

[quote=] and [/quote]

for example I quoted some of your post below.

[quote="SilverWedding"]Thank you, EVERYONE. I haven’t figured out how to reply to each comment.

Thank you again.[/quote]  <<<<------------------- start your reply after this last "[/quote]"

When you are done click Submit to post your reply.

(( ignore the CODE: Select All notations in this reply. They are used so the actual codes themselves show, instead of just producing more quotes ))
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Pyro

Postby Pyro » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:36 am

SilverWedding wrote:Are any other apouses of victims on here?

THESE POOR VICTIMS OF CANCER HAVE IT WORSE, but being a spouse during this is second place. I’m between panic and tears, then knowledge-grabbing (I AM SO THANKFUL FOR THE HELP YOU HAVE GIVEN), and now I’m mad at everyone for not doing anything.

What’s worse is my conscience that I’ve been equally as ignorant about the suffering of others. So, I get that “they” don’t want to sit with me or ask too much or even be near me. I sit alone when everyone laughs with a spouse. Today sucked, and i don’t curse.

And we are still in the test and lab and mri and digital and probe and stick and iv with metal and iv with dye and iv with i don’t know what. This SUCKS!!!!!!

I’m so mad that it’s so hard to tackle this emotion and physical hurt together, and then come home to a mess while he is sick and i just don’t have a happy face to give. And then my PMS makes me cry and want to just destroy something.

The work never ends. But my hubby was laid off, so the money does. And i can’t take away any of his pain.

I am failing at being a help, and to put any attention on me is selfish.

If one more person who knows pops in with a chipper, uncaring almost gloating HEY - YOU HANGIN IN THERE, I’m going to lose it.

I don’t even know what i hope to get out of posting this.

I have chest pains and headaches and sleepless nights despite working myself to the bone and organizing all the appointments and schedules.

FAILING - I AM AO SORRY FOR ALL OF YOU VICTIMS AND YOUR FAMILIES.

My son got Summa Cum Laude and Bible Memory Awars today. I alone was there. I hate this.

Thief!

When i get extra money (what a joke), I’m giving a boatload to curing this living Hell.

Pardon my language and poor attitude.

I think i need advice. Or a drink.

You’re not alone in thinking any of this, if that helps. I’m willing to bet you aren’t failing either, just recognizing the difficulty tells me you’re not failing. Have a drink for me, I take way too many pills to enjoy that anymore.
Aug 2015- Stage 4 CC with liver Mets(38/m)
Sep 2015- Avastin/Folfox/Iron
Dec 2015-Not liver surgery candidate
Jan 2016- Erbitux/Folfiri, 2nd opinion at MDA in TX
Feb 2016 -MDA liver surgery
Mar 2016 -30% of left lobe rem, PVE
May 2016 - 70% of liver rem
Jun 2016-Rad
Jan 2017-perm colost @MDA
Jul 2017-Erb/FOLFURI
Nov 2017 -Lung & Liver ablations@MDA
Jan 2018 -Xeloda & Avastin mx
Jul 2018-Avast/FOLFURI
Sep 2018-Rad
Mar 2019 - Keytruda fail
Jun 2019 - FOLFURI
Aug 2019 - No more, quality time!

SilverWedding

Postby SilverWedding » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:40 pm

CRguy wrote:The quick and dirty version is :

In the post you wish to "quote", click the quotation marks inside the box in the upper right of the post.
That will bring up a text reply box containing that person's posted text with the special quote codes at each end

[quote=] and [/quote]

for example I quoted some of your post below.

[quote="SilverWedding"]Thank you, EVERYONE. I haven’t figured out how to reply to each comment.

Thank you again.[/quote]  <<<<------------------- start your reply after this last "[/quote]"

When you are done click Submit to post your reply.

(( ignore the CODE: Select All notations in this reply. They are used so the actual codes themselves show, instead of just producing more quotes ))

I’m practicing! Thank you! I think I quoted your whole piece. I’m on an iPhone - trying to figure out how to quote only PART of s quote. I might try again doing that. ;)
DH, 56, Sigmoid & rectum
Adenocarcinoma 2cm
T3N2aM0
Stage IIIb
LN 6/22
Surgical margins: proximal -negative; distal - negative 1.5cm; circumferential - negative 1mm)
Open Restorative Proctectomy, J-Pouch Coloanal Anastomosis, Loop Ileo w/Appendectomy

SilverWedding

Postby SilverWedding » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:44 pm

Pyro wrote:
You’re not alone in thinking any of this, if that helps. I’m willing to bet you aren’t failing either, just recognizing the difficulty tells me you’re not failing. Have a drink for me, I take way too many pills to enjoy that anymore.

Dear Pyro - I’m going to raise a glass and prayer to you tomorrow. My heart aches for you.
DH, 56, Sigmoid & rectum
Adenocarcinoma 2cm
T3N2aM0
Stage IIIb
LN 6/22

LPL

Postby LPL » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:16 am

trying to figure out how to quote only PART of s quote.

SilverWedding, to make the quote above I first copied the text I wanted to highlight, then I clicked on the square ”Quote” - it then looks like this:
(quote)(/quote)
Then I pasted the text in between the two [quote] (note: no extra space!)
Voila! :)
DH @ 65 DX 4/11/16 CC recto-sigmoid junction
Adenocarcenoma 35x15x9mm G3(biopsi) G1(surgical)
Mets 3 Liver resectable
T4aN1bM1a IVa 2/9 LN
MSS, KRAS-mut G13D
CEA & CA19-9: 5/18 2.5 78 8/17 1.4 48 2/14/17 1.8 29
4 Folfox 6/15-7/30 (b4 liver surgery) 8 after
CT: 8/8 no change 3/27/17 NED->Jan-19 mets to lung NED again Oct-19 :)
:!: Steroid induced hyperglycemia dx after 3chemo
Surgeries 2016: 3/18 Emergency colostomy
5/23 Primary+gallbl+stoma reversal+port 9/1 Liver mets
RFA 2019: Feb & Oct lung mets

AmyG

Postby AmyG » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:56 pm

Just to add on to the omfg are you seriously saying this crap to me....

My lovely grandmother is 80 and still works every day, she owns a heath food store. She claims to have cured her sister's cancer with b vitamins. Liver cancer, no less. Then she tells me she has colon cancer, but only because this alternative medicine "doctor " and his machine told him so. But now it's miraculously disappeared. :roll:

Did I mention she was a nurse? If b vitamins could cure cancer, I'm sure we would have heard about it by now.
42 dx @ 9wks pregnant w/baby #8 8/18
Sigmoid colon resection 9/18
Adenocarcinoma, G2, T3N0M0..or so we thought
KRAS/BRAF wild
Liver biopsy is malignant, stage iv now boys!
Delivered healthy baby 3/19
FOLFOX + Avastin 5/19
CEA 167 to 24 after 4 rounds
Liver resection 8/28/19
NED!! CEA 2.3
CEA 5.8 idk wtf is up with that, but everything else is clear!
CEA 3.7 make up your damn mind...
CEA 1.5 that's a new low!

claudine

Postby claudine » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:14 pm

Well, my best friend (very smart! Science background!) messaged me yesterday about this person she knows, who does magnetism and apparently has great results with cancer patients "even from a photograph" (insert "double face palm" meme here). I understand that people are grappling at straws, mean well and really want to help, but... Really? Maybe I should remove all the fridge magnets and put them on my husband :lol:
Wife of Dx 04/18 (51 yo). MSS, KRAS G12A, no primary

Tumors: L4 04/18; left adrenal gland & small lung nodules 03/19
rectum 02/22 (pT3 pN0 stage 2A); L3 09/22

Surgeries: intestinal resect. 05/18 (no cancer - Crohn's); adrenalectomy 02/20
L3-L4-L5 fusion and corpectomy 05/20; LAR 04/22; ileo reversal 09/22
L2-L3 fusion and corpectomy 09/22

Treatments: EBRT 04/18; SBRT 02/19; Failed adjuvant Xelox ; Folfiri/Avastin 03/19 - 01/20
adjuvant chemorad (Xeloda) 06/22; SBRT 11/22; Xeloda/Avastin since 01/24

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:24 pm

Claudine wrote: I understand that people are grappling at straws, mean well and really want to help, but... Really? Maybe I should remove all the fridge magnets and put them on my husband :lol:

Is that some sort of kinky sex thing?
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”