Erbitux and cracked skin - found a fix for this!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
VeggieLvr

Erbitux and cracked skin - found a fix for this!

Postby VeggieLvr » Sat May 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Well a fix that's been working for me anyway - it's called "CrackZapIt!" and you can get it on Amazon (it's the only place I've seen it). I bought it on a whim based off reviews, and I'm so glad I did.

When I started Erbitux, almost immediately my fingers started cracking (my fingertips especially), my hands were covered in 10-15 cuts and I was going through bandaids like crazy. The liquid bandaids did nothing for me. These cuts take forever to heal too, so I was going into treatment with them and then getting more...ugh. From the first time I used this CrackZapIt stuff, my cuts started healing.

This stuff is basically like a chapstick and when you slather it on, it gets into the cuts and somehow promotes healing. But even better is that it prevents the cuts from forming if you use it regularly (at least once a day, for me). What I do now is put the stuff all over my fingers every night right before bed (I really slather it on as much as I can) and then sleep (being careful not to rub it off by touching the sheets too much). (If I happen to wake up in the night I will usually reapply as well.) I have no cuts on my hands now, and if I see them starting I just apply extra to that area and it heals the skin before it opens up.

I mention it every time I go for treatment now, to Sandy and the nurses. I don't know what it is about this stuff but it's been incredible for me!
F, 42, Stage IV CC
2/23/18 - colonoscopy/virtual colonoscopy, diagnosed CC
3/6/18 - left hemicolectomy, 12" removed, clear margins. Multiple mets to lymph nodes (removed), omentum & liver, 1 possible lung met
4/6/18 - port install
4/9/18 - Folfox (Oxaliplatin/Leucovorin/5FU) 4 rounds
6/19/18 - liver resection, HAI pump install
8/30/18 - Folfiri (Irinotecan/Leucovorin/5FU)
12/5/18 - Erbitux added
5/28/19 - 2nd liver resection/ablation

ginabeewell

Re: Erbitux and cracked skin - found a fix for this!

Postby ginabeewell » Sat May 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Wow it sounds great. Thanks for sharing! Amazon, here I come!
49 YO mom of twins (11) lucky stepmom of 16/19 year olds
9/17/18 DX stage 4 CRC w inoperable liver mets CEA 931
Currently NED!

Join me on a lookback of my journey via my Strive for Five on Substack here:
https://ginajacobson.substack.com

All treatment details here:
https://www.weareallmadeofstars.net/col ... nt-journey

My favorite posts here:
https://weareallmadeofstars.net/favorite-posts

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Sat May 18, 2019 10:21 pm

VeggieLvr wrote:
What I do now is put the stuff all over my fingers every night right before bed (I really slather it on as much as I can) and then sleep (being careful not to rub it off by touching the sheets too much). (If I happen to wake up in the night I will usually reapply as well.)

Get yourself some of those white cotton gloves to wear after you've slathered your hands. That will spare your sheets.
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

hopefulandstrong

Postby hopefulandstrong » Sun May 19, 2019 12:06 pm

Wow!. Great news. Getting it now in advance of treatment.

Thanks so much!
54, female
1/8/19 DS Stage 4 with Liver Mets; Successful Colon Resect
2/18/19 Started Folfox -- CEA 70
5/8/19 - BRAF mutation -- switch to Triplet Therapy: Encorafenib, Binimetinib, Cetximab
6/13/19 - CEA dropped from 214 to 22
8/29 - CEA jump to 30-- scans reveal liver spread, though still confined. triplet therapy abandoned; some concern about PIC3 mutation interfering with BRAF treatment
9/1 - 10/4 -- no treatment
10/4 -- folfoxfiri to stem further progression; pump placement in January (hopefully)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”