Urgency with constipation

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Amarie123

Urgency with constipation

Postby Amarie123 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:33 pm

Hello! I am currently 2 weeks post op after having a laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy as well as a full laparoscopic hysterectomy. I was in the hospital one week but have been home now for a week.
Has anyone had issues with a feeling of urgency with clear mucus but no bowel movement? At first I was having more than one a day, often in the clusters I’ve heard about. But now that I’ve added more food into my diet, I haven’t gone. I took some miralax last night but nothing yet. The urgency is very uncomfortable too, it feels almost like an anxious nerve sensation and then passes with the discharge. This is fairly new so I haven’t mentioned to the nurse and see my doc next week. I am only taking motrin and Tylenol for pain but am tempted to taking an anti anxiety for the urgency since it’s somewhay agitating. It definitely gets worse when I’m standing but I imagine walking may help? Thanks for any advice!

ozziej

Re: Urgency with constipation

Postby ozziej » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:11 am

This is just a guess, but it may be tenesmus that you're experiencing. Google it to see if it matches your symptoms. A prescription for low dose amitryptiline or nortriptyline is the treatment of choice.
Hope you find relief soon.
F 56 dx 11/14 Stage 1 RC (post EMR)
No neo-adjuvant or adjuvant chemo/RD
3/15 ULAR (open) temp loop ileo
5/15 ileo reversal
NED and hoping to stay that way!! : )

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”