IMMUNOTHERAPY

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Eleda
Facebook Username: adele Morgan

Re: IMMUNOTHERAPY

Postby Eleda » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:42 pm

Thanks Tupelo,
Going to see if they will ship to me
Thanks
Adele X
SWF, 47
Mom to 3 sons 6/8/12
Dec4th 2017 colonoscopy for minor intermittent rectal bleeding during Summer
CEA 4.4
DX T3 L3C M0 2.5/3 cm above AV.
JAN 3RD started 1650mg Zelda 2xday, with 28 radiation
Did tagamet 800mg daily and 75mg IV VIT C WEEKLY UNTIL SURGERY and
Tumor reduce by 80% 1 LN still remaining
TATME May10th, temp illeostomy
10/07/2018 CEA 3
MMR INTACT
Began FOLFOX July 10th
24/08/2018 Allergic reaction so next infusion lucovorin and 5fu
CEA 4
Second attempt with oxi aug 12th

rp1954

Postby rp1954 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:21 am

FYI: JHS and Mushroom Science are the two faces of the same coin for "Coriolus Super Strength" that is the PSK clone (you have to differentiate the PSP clones, alcohol extracted). JHS sells bottles of 150 caps x 600 mg to medical practitioners (e.g. MD, ND, DC) with advertising restrictions on prices below SRP. Mushroom Science sells bottles of 90 caps x 600 mg to other businesses and retail customers. Same powder source, similar high prices to retail customers but they do vary, I prefer the 150 bottle for crossing borders e.g. if 11 bottles are not taxed as personal consumption, but 12 are considered commercial importation.
Last edited by rp1954 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
watchful, active researcher and caregiver for stage IVb/c CC. surgeries 4/10 sigmoid etc & 5/11 para-aortic LN cluster; 8 yrs immuno-Chemo for mCRC; now no chemo
most of 2010 Life Extension recommendations and possibilities + more, some (much) higher, peaking ~2011-12, taper chemo to almost nothing mid 2018, IV C-->2021. Now supplements

Eleda

Postby Eleda » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:52 am

Thanks RP, I'll b shipping to Europe, so must find a better alternative because import tax and duty are about 30% plus shipping, but deffinatly better value than small bottles, does shipping take long?? Off hand as I've a friend traveling from California to Ireland next Monday ?? Wondering if I order now would it get to him ??

Thanks for the recommendation
ADELE X
SWF, 47
Mom to 3 sons 6/8/12
CEA 4.4
10/07/2018 CEA 3
MMR INTACT
Began FOLFOX July 10th
CEA 4

rp1954

Postby rp1954 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:32 am

It is early Thursday morning in various US time zones, I'm not sure about Saturday (Fedex, UPS) vs Sunday deliveries (USPS Express mail?) from the manufacturer. It is sometimes possible to redirect or return packages in flight with the tracking number.
watchful, active researcher and caregiver for stage IVb/c CC. surgeries 4/10 sigmoid etc & 5/11 para-aortic LN cluster; 8 yrs immuno-Chemo for mCRC; now no chemo
most of 2010 Life Extension recommendations and possibilities + more, some (much) higher, peaking ~2011-12, taper chemo to almost nothing mid 2018, IV C-->2021. Now supplements

O Stoma Mia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:43 am

You might be able to get some coriolus mushroom extract products through amazon.co.uk. They have several such products listed on their website with free UK delivery. Type the name of the extract you would like to buy and see what they have to offer and whether they can ship to your address.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/

However, I have no idea what kind of quality you would be getting from those particular providers

Eleda

Postby Eleda » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:03 am

Thanks OSM
IVE ordered these one to get me started

3 Pack Vita World Coriolus extract 500mg 3 x 100 Capsules Made in Germany https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073GYSP7Y/ ... RBbXCZ4JAJ

And will swap over when I've more time the other seem to b better quality and amount but it's a good start
Thanks guys
For the tips
ADELE,,, X
SWF, 47
Mom to 3 sons 6/8/12
CEA 4.4
10/07/2018 CEA 3
MMR INTACT
Began FOLFOX July 10th
CEA 4

NCMike12
Facebook Username: Mike Wright

Postby NCMike12 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:46 am

It seems that Mike is correct in saying that if you have a mutation like lynch syndrom or others that cause a mutation and fit the criteria genetically, immunotherapy can have positive results, there for you would qualify for treatment. I learned this after being diagnosed with Muir-Torre-syndrome and colon and rectal cancer. Thanks to the lynch i have a primary Glioblastoma in my brain as well. Luckily, those with lynch can survive Glio, my mother and uncle both survived it so i have hope..

I was told i was going in for radiation and chemo for brain tumor and immunotherapy next week for colon before surgery. I hope it shows results and more treatments like it become available for more cancer types. At 46, having two primary cancers at the same time is really mind boggling to me, colon cancer was enough! I didnt need the dessert to go with it..

rp1954

qualities

Postby rp1954 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:42 pm

qualities
There are several aspects that should be considered. Specific proteo-glucans content are one aspect of strength and quality and the differences between PSK, PSP, and clones.

The bulk of the CRC, chemo and mushroom extract data that are available, are for PSK, the hot water extract of a particular Coriolus versicolor strain developed in Japan for cancer, from the 1960s. Most of the Coriolus extract on the market is alcohol extracted, more like a version developed in China for cancer around the 90s, called PSP. PSP clones are widely available and to varying degrees, (much more) inexpensive as alcohol extracts more stuff, more easily.

Sometime around the 90s, Life Extension Foundation started discussing the PSK-cancer literature, energetically, perhaps the most prominent voice on the internet and in print. Although LEF tried to give a brand neutral presentation, LEF did favor PSK strength and high quality as a cancer treatment aspect. LEF also sold the JHS Natural Coriolus Super Strength (CSS) at the best internet prices, once a year. JHS, a stickler for higher prices especially with ads, eventually fell into disagreement with LEF and ruptured LEF's internet sales of CSS ca 2014, as it has often done to internet sellers.

~10 years ago, there was some serious question about the relative cancer-survival performance between PSK-like and PSP-like extracts on the market, even same company. PSK was favored, but this difference might represent some particular CRC subgroup or condition, but that is unknown to me, beyond PSK success correlated with a peak CEA over 3. Our personal experience has been mostly with CSS; with some brief trials of PSP type materials.

For us, PSP yielded the highest WBC results, but at the expense of RBC and no advantage for platelets. We needed more platelets and RBC. Also highest WBC doesn't necessarily mean best WBC cancer immune performance, which is crucial in cancer. In general, some immune components can either kill or promote cancer cells, this is a pre-existing immune failure for many here on the day of diagnosis. The harder part is to test those immune properties and changes, well.

O Stoma Mia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:03 am

rp1954:
Thank you for explaining the differences between PSK and PSP, and the different methods of extraction. The explanation was very useful.

Stewsbetty

Postby Stewsbetty » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:18 am

So in response to your question about the tumour testing and the worry about possible other cancers. From my reading the onco company is testing your tumour chunk for mutations. So the mutations they find are in your cancer cells not necessarily your whole body. For example, my tumour tested MSI-h with Kras mutation (maybe others as well). Because of the MSI-h, I had testing done in my blood for genetic mutations. I had not a single one. So even though we can have mutated genes in the tumour they are not likely through our whole body. The very expensive test would only be testing your tumour so it wouldn’t tell you what is in your bloodline. At this time there is not a lot of variety in treatments for CRC and knowing about numerous mutations probably won’t change treatments. I would guess that you were already tested for the treatment reliant ones (kras and MSS).

This is only my opinion, but I would save the $ now and possibly use it later to travel for second opinions if the need arose.

Best of luck,
Beth
42yo At diagnosis. Female in BC, Canada
Dx: CC ascending
Right Hemi colectomy 06/16 clear margins
Adenocarcinoma 6cm High Grade
pT3 pN2a Stage 3
10 out of 16 lymph involved
MSI-h, Kras mut, Braf wild
Finished chemo Feb. 2017
PET scan showing active area April 2017
July 2017 CT showing LN mass and spread to other LN
Stage 4
Aug 2017 failed Fofiri
Sept 2017 keytruda scans every 3 months showing shrinkage and stability
November 2018 CT shows only 1 small tumour left
September 2019 clear CT finally NED!!!

Mayogirl

Postby Mayogirl » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:59 pm

My sister got both tests done, like yourself we are based in Ireland and got them done in the UK 18 months ago. Realistically they have not indicated anything ‘yet’ that we have been able to use to identify additional or different treatment but we were aware of that when paying for the tests.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”