Picture Posting Topic

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
stu

Re: O/T...Post Your Pics Here

Postby stu » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:35 pm

Mob is giving us a lesson on that soon . Apparently you upload it somewhere that free and it’s easy !!!
She may not realise my skill set .

:D

Nice photo Jannine . This is a great thread . I feel transported around the globe .

I am changing my phone soon . My husband and kids phones take better photos than mine .
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

mobrouser

Postby mobrouser » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:05 pm

stu wrote:Mob is giving us a lesson on that soon . Apparently you upload it somewhere that free and it’s easy !!!
She may not realise my skill set .

:D

Nice photo Jannine . This is a great thread . I feel transported around the globe .

I am changing my phone soon . My husband and kids phones take better photos than mine .
Stu

Go to Tinypic.com
click on choose file, this will open up a box that lets you choose where on your computer you have your picture stored, generally "My Pictures", and select the picture you want to upload.
(Honestly finding the photo you want on your computer is probably the most difficult step in the whole process.)
back in Tinypic make sure that file type selected is image, then in the resize section choose "message board" (if you want your picture smaller than mine choose "website/email") , then click upload now.

Once uploaded, copy the code for image code message boards, it's in the column on the left.

Go to colon talk forums and open up a reply page. Paste the img code you copied from Tinypic, then add in any comments above or below the code, select preview to review your post, and voila, you're done!

note - picture posted only to show how clean the interior of my toaster is!

8) mob
CC Dx 102017 age 58
Lap. right hemi-colectomy Dec 2017
Adenocarcinoma ascending colon – 6cm x 6cm x 2cm, Low Grade, penetrates to peritoneum
T4a N2a M0, Stage IIIC
lymph nodes 6 positive out of 18
FOLFOX start Jan/18 end Aug/8 (felt like a year)
CEA - 01/15/18-2.8; 07/29/18-5.3; 09/19-2.4; 03/20-2.7; 09/20-2.9
CT scan 08/18 - Clear; 10/19 - Clear; * 10/20 - 8mm & 6mm nodules in liver
PET scan 09/18 (thought about bringing the cat :wink: ) - Clear
Colonoscopy Dec 7 2018 - Clear - Next in 3 years?

stu

Postby stu » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:32 pm

73% of liver removed
2016 lung resection

stu

Postby stu » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:33 pm

It works . Thank you Mob !

That is a very , very clean toaster !
Stu
73% of liver removed
2016 lung resection

stu

Postby stu » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:36 pm

73% of liver removed
2016 lung resection

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:47 am

Peanut,

Thank you.

bitchslapped wrote:
zx10guy wrote:The funny thing is all of these pics were taken with my Samsung S8 phone. I do have a very good, decent digital camera with Leica lenses. I haven't mastered the various settings to capture the same look I've been able to achieve on my phone with minimal tweaking.

OMG...where does one begin?! I was going to say earlier zx, that certainly those were not taken w/a cell phone camera. :shock: If I had to pick a fav (& there is more than one) but ya gotta choose, I'm going to go with the b/w of the boutique Paisleys. Don't ask me why other than the building structure, geometric lines of steps, railing, planters really stands out against the building into the night.
Yep, there's nothing quite like relationship issues to force one to go inside oneself for reflection, comfort, discovery. Health problems can be hard on marriages, though the love is there, so is the stress on both patient & caregiver along with the normal daily demands. It's a marathon, not a race to be sure. No preparing for that one though.
Thanks for sharing on this thread. Everybody else too. I'm enjoying the pics & dialogue (even tho I SHOULD be outside).

OK Stu...blew us outta the water w/marine life. Where's that garden I heard about? :wink:

Why no signature zx? You've been here awhile. I looked you up to refresh my memory as I kinda knew who you were, (zx10guy) but then again, kinda maybe not. Then I noticed, Oh Ya, you had posted on my BFF's appendix cancer thread. I shared your story w/her from there.

BS

BS,

Glad you like my photos. As for the lack of a siggy, I was going to put one together a long time ago. But just never got around to doing it and then before I realized it, it's now about 6 years later. I do remember replying to your thread about your BFF's appendix cancer. And the marriage thing...it's been a long ordeal. Don't want to derail this thread.

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:51 am

Jannine wrote:zx10guy, I'm really curious what type of phone you have now! Those are great low-light photos from a cell phone camera.

Here's one I took on 4th of July 2014, of Orpheus (with his lyre and strategically placed fig leaf) on the grounds of Fort McHenry in Baltimore, Maryland.

It's a Samsung S8. I also have a Samsung S9 for my work phone. I've taken some pictures with the S9. Being it's my work phone, I tend not to take many personal pictures with it for obvious reasons. Based on what I can tell between the phones, there's really no difference in performance. The S9 is supposed to have better low light performance than the S8. I just haven't seen anything dramatic with my usage.

It's nice you were able to capture all the shadow detail of the statue with the sun directly behind it. Lots of times with shots like this, I struggle to capture any detail in shadowed areas because the sun washes out everything.

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:59 am

Where my B/W photo inspirations come from....back when I spent time doing graphite sketches:

These are the girls in my life other than my daughter (and of course mom):

And one of the ways I blow off some steam:

Jannine

Postby Jannine » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:27 pm

zx10guy wrote:
It's a Samsung S8. I also have a Samsung S9 for my work phone. I've taken some pictures with the S9. Being it's my work phone, I tend not to take many personal pictures with it for obvious reasons. Based on what I can tell between the phones, there's really no difference in performance. The S9 is supposed to have better low light performance than the S8. I just haven't seen anything dramatic with my usage.

It's nice you were able to capture all the shadow detail of the statue with the sun directly behind it. Lots of times with shots like this, I struggle to capture any detail in shadowed areas because the sun washes out everything.

Very cool. I'll have to look at phone camera quality the next time I replace my phone. The Orpheus photo was taken with my old Nikon D90. I later moved to a Fuji mirrorless X-T10 camera, because it's more compact and lighter weight, and it also seems to take slightly better low-light photos. I wanted a camera that wouldn't weigh a ton for taking along for travel, without sacrificing a lot of baggage space. I haven't used it more than a couple times a year lately, though; I've started getting back into my old hobbies of weaving and sewing. I might be best off going back to a point and shoot, really, but the geek in me doesn't want to. Your photos make me think I should really consider more compact options though! I love the look of b&w photography.
DX: sigmoid colon cancer 5/2018. 48 F
laparoscopic sigmoid resection (24 cm removed); no stoma.
7.5cm adenocarcinoma -- mod. diff.
1 noncontiguous tumor deposit removed; 0/31 lymph nodes
T3 pN1c M0
5/18 before surgery, CEA 11.2
6/18 began FOLFOX
7/18: CEA 1.9; added neulasta post infusion
9/18: CEA 2.8
10/18: 25% chemo reduction
11/18: CEA 1.8
7/19 CT scan clear

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:17 am

Jannine wrote:Very cool. I'll have to look at phone camera quality the next time I replace my phone. The Orpheus photo was taken with my old Nikon D90. I later moved to a Fuji mirrorless X-T10 camera, because it's more compact and lighter weight, and it also seems to take slightly better low-light photos. I wanted a camera that wouldn't weigh a ton for taking along for travel, without sacrificing a lot of baggage space. I haven't used it more than a couple times a year lately, though; I've started getting back into my old hobbies of weaving and sewing. I might be best off going back to a point and shoot, really, but the geek in me doesn't want to. Your photos make me think I should really consider more compact options though! I love the look of b&w photography.

I had a feeling that pic was taken with a DSLR. The camera I used to lug around with me and some times do is a Panasonic GF-1 with all the various lenses. I then got a compact more point and shoot camera: Panasonic LX-5. The LX-5 also has a Leica lens and takes very good pictures even in the auto mode. The lens also does very well in low light situations. For a while, the LX-5 was my go to general purpose camera. The only issue it had was the limited zoom capability. Then I started taking more pictures with my smart phone. I started with the Samsung S3, then S5, then S6, and now the S8/S9 combo. As the generations of the Galaxy S phones evolved, the decent lighting performance just got better and better. Then there was talk about how well these smart phones are performing in low light situations. So I started playing around with low light pictures and you see the result. I've learned that if you need to use a flash most of the time you're not using the right camera. Don't get me wrong here. I do use a flash in some pictures. But I never do it with a smart phone or with any camera which has the flash fire forward. The oversaturation of lighting and the blooming just makes the picture look terrible. So with my smart phone, the flash is turned off all the time. I tweak the settings on the phone to deal with the low light environment. With my GF-1, I have a flash which I adjust upward to bounce the light off of the ceiling. This creates such a more natural lighting situation than what amounts to shining a spot light on the subject. But I feel you already know all of this.

stu

Postby stu » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:06 pm

73% of liver removed
2016 lung resection

stu

Postby stu » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:07 pm

This is just one of my favourites.
Stu
73% of liver removed
2016 lung resection

Jannine

Postby Jannine » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:19 pm

zx10guy wrote:I had a feeling that pic was taken with a DSLR. The camera I used to lug around with me and some times do is a Panasonic GF-1 with all the various lenses. I then got a compact more point and shoot camera: Panasonic LX-5. The LX-5 also has a Leica lens and takes very good pictures even in the auto mode. The lens also does very well in low light situations. For a while, the LX-5 was my go to general purpose camera. The only issue it had was the limited zoom capability. Then I started taking more pictures with my smart phone. I started with the Samsung S3, then S5, then S6, and now the S8/S9 combo. As the generations of the Galaxy S phones evolved, the decent lighting performance just got better and better. Then there was talk about how well these smart phones are performing in low light situations. So I started playing around with low light pictures and you see the result. I've learned that if you need to use a flash most of the time you're not using the right camera. Don't get me wrong here. I do use a flash in some pictures. But I never do it with a smart phone or with any camera which has the flash fire forward. The oversaturation of lighting and the blooming just makes the picture look terrible. So with my smart phone, the flash is turned off all the time. I tweak the settings on the phone to deal with the low light environment. With my GF-1, I have a flash which I adjust upward to bounce the light off of the ceiling. This creates such a more natural lighting situation than what amounts to shining a spot light on the subject. But I feel you already know all of this.

I am so with you on flash! I never feel like I get good results with it, and I'm not motivated to mess with indirect lighting and really get into the weeds of how to make that work without a flash that accommodates that sort of thing well, like your GF-1. Most of my photos are taken outside and are of the city or of nature. I only rarely photograph people. I actually got into looking for a good low-light camera because for a while I took a LOT of photos of sunsets over the city. In those conditions the contrast can make it really hard to get a good-looking photo that comes even vaguely close to what the sky and city really looked like at the time. I found that if the colors were right the photos end up way too grainy to be useful. I'm all about the backlit landscape, haha.

I'll sort through some of my sunset photos and post a few of my favorites soon.
DX: sigmoid colon cancer 5/2018. 48 F
laparoscopic sigmoid resection (24 cm removed); no stoma.
7.5cm adenocarcinoma -- mod. diff.
1 noncontiguous tumor deposit removed; 0/31 lymph nodes
T3 pN1c M0
5/18 before surgery, CEA 11.2
6/18 began FOLFOX
7/18: CEA 1.9; added neulasta post infusion
9/18: CEA 2.8
10/18: 25% chemo reduction
11/18: CEA 1.8
7/19 CT scan clear

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:26 pm

bitchslapped wrote:zx...you are certainly all black & white in your life :D I hope your views are not that way :!: :lol: :mrgreen:
Seriously...you've got some talent. Sketches are beautiful! Beautiful ladies as well. So are the "girls on wheels". Last pic in motion :arrow: pretty sexy.
Used to attend motorcycle races here & there in my younger years, even went to the Nationals one year. Does not mean I enjoy riding them though.
DH had motorcycle, dirt bikes. Used to compete w/the dirt bikes locally, attend some races. Also raced semi-cab one year.
Nothing serious; just for fun. Well...that's what I say. :wink:

BS

Thank you BS.

I like to think I'm a moderate in my views, but I do know there are some things are do see as black and white. I guess that's not a bad thing as I know what they are rather than think I'm not seeing things as black and white but am in reality.

I'd like to start sketching again but just haven't been motivated lately. Plus my eye sight isn't what it used to be for close in work.

When I was in the middle of the marriage problems, I rode less. Now that we're separated, I've been riding more to include actually spending some time at the beach property I bought before getting married. Go figure.

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:26 pm

stu wrote:Image

Love the depth of color in the shot.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”