Upcoming Colonoscopy - Please Comment

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
bluedog

Upcoming Colonoscopy - Please Comment

Postby bluedog » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:46 am

60 yr/o male. Previous conolonocsopy 5 years ago with one small polyp. I'm having a colonoscopy on Wednesday, but I'm suffering from extreme anxiety and am so distraught over this that I can't function right now and had to take leave from work. I would like to ask the brave people on this board whether, in your experience and knowledge, is there any conceivable way that the following symptoms don't add up to colon cancer? For example, are there too many symptoms; or would it be unlikley to have mets to liver, abdomen, and lungs as a first presentation; or are there symptoms that just aren't seen in CRC, such as constant low-grade fever? Or is it just a foregone conclusion that I have CRC? I know you can't diagnose me, but can anyone provide any sliver of hope that I don't have CRC, based on the list below? I'm asking because I don't see how I'm going to make it to next Wednesday without any chance for a good report.

First symptom: 6 weeks ago, had constant soreness to touch about an inch below right rib cage, which resolved in one month (thinking liver involvement).
    Change in bowel habits (loose yellow stool and some diarrhea), followed by alternating constipation and loose stool, and now just constipation. Two occasions of dark stool.
    Continual burning pain in stomach, with assorted sharp and vague pains in different parts of abdomen, and extreme gas.
    Episode of prolonged pain under left ribs and then under sternum.
    Low-grade fever for weeks.
    Weak feeling arms and legs.
    Feeling weaker and sicker every day.
    Lost 10 lbs in two weeks
    Nausea for a week, which resolved.
    Bloating/distended with small amounts of food.
    Abdominal wall tight/sore and feels like it will tear when I do triceps pull downs and sore when bend forward at any time.
    Clammy skin associated with episode of dark stool (thinking the clammy skin was from internal bleeding).
    May have seen blood in stool but FIT test normal.
    Think I tasted blood when coughing after playing basketball.

Normal abdominal ultra sound one month ago.

Thank you.

KimT

Re: Upcoming Colonoscopy - Please Comment

Postby KimT » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:06 pm

We are not doctors. It would be irresponsible for us to guess on the likelihood of your having cancer. You have done the right thing in seeking the help of a physician and getting a colonoscopy. Best of luck to you.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Re: Upcoming Colonoscopy - Please Comment

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:51 am

I hope your colonoscopy goes well!*hugs* :)
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”