Colonoscopy Monday 6/11

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Javeno

Colonoscopy Monday 6/11

Postby Javeno » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:45 am

Hey everyone. I realize this might be small potatoes after reading a lot of the posts here but I'm an anxious person. I'm a 31 year old male.

Long story short: In November 2017 I had a colonoscopy after having rectal bleeding every now and then for about 2 years-ish. I would go to the doctor and they would write it off as hemorrhoids. It came to a head when it started to be more frequent until I went to my doctor again and this time got a colonoscopy scheduled. The GI doctor found 2 polyps, 1 was a single sessile 4mm polyp of benign appearance in the distal ascending - completely removed. The other was a single pedunculated 15mm polyp of benign appearance with stigmata of recent bleeding in the sigmoid - completely removed. This is where the doctor believes my problem came from.

He had the polyps sent for testing. The 4mm polyp came back as completely benign. The 15mm one with bleeding came back precancerous, saying it had VERY high dysplasia. Because of this finding, he wanted me to have a follow up 6 months later. My colonoscopy is coming up on Monday and I'm just anxious about all the 'what ifs' such as, he didn't get it all, something from the bigger polyp got into the wall, etc. I know objectively it's silly but I can't help it.

Anyway, after the removal of a precancerous polyp what are the chances of there being any issues? I've heard and read conflicting things that make me a bit nervous.

Thanks everyone.

O Stoma Mia

Re: Colonoscopy Monday 6/11

Postby O Stoma Mia » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Javeno wrote:...Anyway, after the removal of a precancerous polyp what are the chances of there being any issues? I've heard and read conflicting things that make me a bit nervous....

From your first colonoscopy/biopsy report, do you have information on the growth pattern of the pedunculated polyp (tubular vs. tubulovillous vs. villous)? This would give some information on the aggressiveness and nature of the pre-cancerous polyp.

http://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49034&p=373577#p373577

Javeno

Postby Javeno » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:36 pm

Hello again, thanks for your reply and sorry for not replying sooner. I unfortunately do not know the answer to your question. I will look for the pathology report to get it. I had the colonoscopy yesterday and he found a new 3mm sessile polyp. That’s new from 7 months ago. I guess I’m destined to get these screenings more frequently than I thought. The doctor took biopsies of the colon wall where he removed he precancerous polyp and also send the new one for testing. I guess I’m waiting now.

Javeno

Postby Javeno » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 am

My anxiety has been getting the better of me. I don’t understand why a new polyp was found 7 months later. I read that sessile polyps are really bad. The highly precancerous one from last time that was the cause of my bleeding was penduculated though. I’m so nervous that the scar tissue/colon Wall from the site will come back as precancerous or worse, with cancer if that’s possible although on my post colonoscopy report he said the site looked normal and benign as did the new polyp but I don’t know how much weight that holds if anything. He said removing part of my colon would be something to consider if the precancerous cells leaked into the wall...

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”