Treatment options

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
deebashari

Re: Treatment options

Postby deebashari » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:55 am

teri3 wrote:I'm in agreement with Pita, if you aren't happy with your oncologist get a second opinion, preferably at a NCI cancer center. Don't give up hope keep fighting for your Mom. Prayers for both of you.
HUGS,
Teri

Hi! Are you NED now? Have you considered immunotherapy? My mom has exact same KRAS G12V Mutation as you as well as MSS status. From your experience, has doctor suggested immunotherapy? We are trying to find a regimen that can hopefully put her in remission. We are considering immunotherapy however most standard immunotherapy drugs are said to be effective on MSI High paitents only. I would appreciate your input and wish you the best in health!

teri3

Re: Treatment options

Postby teri3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi!
No i am not currently NED. I have had 8 mets show up on my last 2 scans. I just got a new oncologist the beginning of Feb. and she already has referred me to NCI for 2 trials. The first one
10-C-0166 - Immunotherapy Using Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes for Patients With Metastatic Cancer....I am not able to this trial at this time because my mets are to small. The other one
17-C-0113 - Administering Peripheral Blood Lymphocytes Transduced With a Murine T-Cell Receptor Recognizing the G12V Variant of Mutated RAS in HLA-A*1101 Patients.....I just had blood work drawn to see if I have HLA-A 1101 in my blood this will take two weeks to run.
Find a good oncologist at an NIH hospital and talk to them about trials. There also is a very good tool on here to help find trials. Be presistent. Good luck! i hope I helped a little
HUGS
Teri
58 yrs old female
MSS KRAS mutation G12V
adenocarcinoma sigmoid colon dx 11-14
sigmoidectomy 11-14
Stage 3A
3 out of 20 lymph nodes involved
started FolFox 1-27-15
11 rounds FOLFOX last one 6-30-2015
7-29-2015 PET clear
5-14-2016 CT 2 nodules one in each lung
Confirmed pulmonary metastasis stage 4
FOLFIRi + Avistin started 8-16 11 rounds complete 12-16
CT 12-16 nodules shrunk chemo break wait and see :?
CT growth
VATS l lung 4 10 17
VATS r lung 4 24 17
CT 2 nodules r up and l low :(

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”