Questions about blood on tissue......

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
scared0304

Questions about blood on tissue......

Postby scared0304 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:13 am

I had a colonoscopy on December 1, 2017 due to bowel issues that I had been having for several months. During the colonoscopy my GI doc removed one 5mm tubular adenoma from my ascending colon. I am only 42yo and he noted that I was young to have an adenoma. I am scheduled for a repeat colonoscopy in 3 years. Today when I had a bowel movement I noticed reddish streaks on the tissue when I wiped. It happened twice, I have NEVER had blood on tissue even before colonoscopy and the GI doc did not mention hemorrhoids (sp?). My BM was not strained or hard (I know graphic). Should I be freaking out about this considering I just had a colonoscopy a month ago?

scared0304

Re: Questions about blood on tissue......

Postby scared0304 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:05 pm

Any thoughts on this, should I email my GI doctor? I haven’t had blood since but I also haven’t had another bowel movement. The blood was pinkish in color and not a lot. Any thoughts please?

betsydoglover
Facebook Username: Betsy Lindh Williams

Re: Questions about blood on tissue......

Postby betsydoglover » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:13 pm

I get how worried you are, but with a clean scope, it is almost impossible that anything super serious is wrong (ie - cancer). That said, make an appt with your Gi doc and let him know your symptoms. If nothing else it will make you feel better if a qualified doc tells you that you are OK - which again is likely due to recent colonoscopy.

Take care,
Betsy
diag. Stage IV, 5/05, liver met
lap sigmoid colectomy, 6/05
6 cycles Xeloda/oxaliplatin/Avastin (NED after 2)
11/08 9x13mm right lower lobe lung nodule; removed via VATS 4/09
NED
6 cycles Xeloda + Avastin
Avastin only 10/09-5/11
Still NED 06/18

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”