Add me to the statistic of a W&W patient that has a recurrence in the same spot
...I also did not do mop-up chemo thinking it was over especially since chemorad was already done. Meet with my surgeon tomorrow to discuss next steps. MRI scheduled for Wednesday so he is probably going to wait for that to make a decision. Flex Sig showed tumor same spot at 2cm at 12cm from anal verge give or take.
My surgeon wants to do a temp ileo from the last time we spoke, but being that it is so high up I am not sure why, but he said he doesn't want to risk leak. my radiation oncologist said he is not sure why I would need a temp ileo especially since I am young and have very healthy tissue. Either way I am going to do whatever my surgeon tells me to do. It's crazy as I did a flex sig in August and no tumor, biospy done NED....good news is No pelvic lymphadenopathy, hopefully this MRI on Wednesday 11/28 same result for the lymph nodes, cut this sucker out and move on with my life.
The next thing is should I do chemo after surgery, even if I am pCR. Very difficult. Cancer really stinks. I was hoping this will all go away, but you will never know if I did mop-up chemo or not if it would of kept it away. Anyways no sense beating ourselves up over that decision of mop-up chemo.
MSS - NRAS Mutation
Chemo Rad, CCR - W&W 5/2017
CT Scan 11/2017 Liver Met 5.5cm Stable, Stage IV
Port Scheduled for 12/2017, folfox - avastin 12/2017
Blood Clot in Neck 1/2018, stop avastin, continue FolFox
LAR/Liver Resect 4/2018
Chemo Finish 8/2018
CEA - 12/16 26.1, 1/17 32.2, 3/17 6.6, 11/17 500.5, 12/17 638.5, 1/3/18 424.8, 1/16/18 163.5, 1/31/18 62.2, 2/18 21.1, 3/18 14, 4/18 .8, 10/18 1.2, 12/18 3.2, 2/8 11.4, 3/6 22